Author Topic: 2REP vs LCE pro head  (Read 2904 times)

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1138
  • Male Posts: 534
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
Re: 2REP vs LCE pro head
« on: May 21, 2019, 04:36:36 PM »
What year is your 22RE? Depending on the cam you use you may or may not need the heavier springs. I have use Buick springs on a few of my engines with 120lb installed seat pressure without excessive cam wear, but that IS with aftermarket billet cams, not regrinds. New rockers will break in to the cam better which will reduce your cam wear as the wear pad wears to the cams profile, different profiles wear the pads differently.
The harder seats will be fine with the steel valves. If you go with stainless valves make sure to have bronze guides installed.
I wouldn't say one was better than the other as far as build, but check the flow charts. Pay attention to the lower lift flow. Because of the dogleg/dam built in to the intake port I prefer going for higher  flow numbers at low lifts since the 22R head is so restrictive at high valve lifts. Looking at either builder I don't think it will be any different between them. Both yse 'new' heads' that they most likely get from the same manufacturer. The 'new' heads I've used seem to have a better port wall than OEM. One thing you can never be assured of when buying a head like this is the initial machining of the head. All manufacturers are guilty of it, the concentricy of the seat to the port, I've seen seats as far as 3mm off center, which really affects the port flow. Best heads are hand picked for this before any mods are performed.

With all that said, at the entry level "performance" head, not much is really done. A little blending of the port just above the seat and a 3 or 5 angle valve job. Not really much to be had, not compatible with much more than a stock cam.
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.