Author Topic: 9yr old dodging trees  (Read 1873 times)

R.DesJardin

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 680
  • Male Posts: 489
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • RADesigns Products LLC
9yr old dodging trees
« on: Apr 22, 2019, 08:56:46 AM »
My 9yr old granddaughter running the trail my our house.
R.DesJardin
"If I didn't live in the middle of nowhere!"

2RZ-A340F-Duals-locked FR/RR-IROK's

KauriJ

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 125
  • Female Posts: 32
  • Member since Oct '17
    • View Profile
    • Kauri's vacation photos
Re: 9yr old dodging trees
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2019, 07:06:20 PM »
Wow, well done!! How long has she been practicing that trail? I wish I'd been that good of a driver at 16, let alone 9!

The first time I drove any sort of vehicle was in the CA desert when I was 15, in my mom's 4Runner. Unfortunately, I proved to be good at stalling it (blame the clutch, which was the original and had over 250,000 miles on it at that time :) ). But it certainly made learning to drive way more interesting than just going in circles around a parking lot!

R.DesJardin [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • RADesigns Products LLC
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2019, 06:27:27 AM »
Wow, well done!! How long has she been practicing that trail? I wish I'd been that good of a driver at 16, let alone 9!

The first time I drove any sort of vehicle was in the CA desert when I was 15, in my mom's 4Runner. Unfortunately, I proved to be good at stalling it (blame the clutch, which was the original and had over 250,000 miles on it at that time :) ). But it certainly made learning to drive way more interesting than just going in circles around a parking lot!

Well first day driving my truck and about the 4th time doing the trail. First two were with me copilot, then by herself after that. I had it in double 2.28's low and she ran in 2nd gear. There is one spot where the mirrors will fold in if it's not hit perfect. Theory was she was going to hurt in any worse than I ever had.
R.DesJardin

KauriJ

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 125
  • Female Posts: 32
  • Member since Oct '17
    • View Profile
    • Kauri's vacation photos
« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2019, 06:58:00 PM »
Well first day driving my truck and about the 4th time doing the trail. First two were with me copilot, then by herself after that. I had it in double 2.28's low and she ran in 2nd gear. There is one spot where the mirrors will fold in if it's not hit perfect. Theory was she was going to hurt in any worse than I ever had.

I'm definitely impressed! I very much doubt I could have done that well at age 9 on the fourth try.

The only problem is that she might have enjoyed it so much that she'll ask to buy that truck from you when she's old enough. :)

R.DesJardin [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • RADesigns Products LLC
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2019, 05:54:12 AM »
I'm definitely impressed! I very much doubt I could have done that well at age 9 on the fourth try.

The only problem is that she might have enjoyed it so much that she'll ask to buy that truck from you when she's old enough. :)

She did ask about that already, go figure.
R.DesJardin