Author Topic: Swapping Weber for stock carb  (Read 377 times)

oleblue22

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Jun '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
Swapping Weber for stock carb
« on: Apr 03, 2019, 08:20:35 AM »
So Iíve had this Weber on my new Davez off road engine for about 3 months now. On flat ground this thing runs like a beast. I couldnít be happier with it. Has more power and gets great mileage. On any sort of incline or creeping up an incline  or sometimes even looking at an incline the carb will not run correctly.

Iíve done the float mod and the other vent mod with no real results. I also have a regulator set to 2 psi. It helped but Iím still not happy with it. I never had any issues with my stock carb. Call me crazy but Iíll be swapping back to stock. Unfortunately I sold by original stock carb.

Itís a Weber 32/36 with less that 1,000 miles on it. If anyone has a running OEM stock carb they would like to trade we can make a deal.

Toybrota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 121
  • Male Posts: 719
  • Member since Dec '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Swapping Weber for stock carb
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2019, 08:38:11 AM »
So Iíve had this Weber on my new Davez off road engine for about 3 months now. On flat ground this thing runs like a beast. I couldnít be happier with it. Has more power and gets great mileage. On any sort of incline or creeping up an incline  or sometimes even looking at an incline the carb will not run correctly.

Iíve done the float mod and the other vent mod with no real results. I also have a regulator set to 2 psi. It helped but Iím still not happy with it. I never had any issues with my stock carb. Call me crazy but Iíll be swapping back to stock. Unfortunately I sold by original stock carb.

Itís a Weber 32/36 with less that 1,000 miles on it. If anyone has a running OEM stock carb they would like to trade we can make a deal.
I've got a running stock carb off my 85' I'll send your way if you pay the shipping. PM me for more

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

oleblue22 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Jun '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2019, 04:46:36 PM »
Ok Iíll do that. I appreciate it. You want me to send via PayPal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneckcustoms13

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 6729
  • Male Posts: 2,396
  • Member since May '15
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2019, 08:25:03 AM »
If for some reason this falls through I have one I'd be willing to swap as well.
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck

Toybrota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 121
  • Male Posts: 719
  • Member since Dec '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2019, 08:39:02 AM »
Ok Iíll do that. I appreciate it. You want me to send via PayPal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM me and we can discuss the payment, PayPal will be fine

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk