Author Topic: Swapping Weber for stock carb  (Read 1829 times)

oleblue22

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Jun '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Swapping Weber for stock carb
« on: Apr 03, 2019, 08:20:35 AM »
So I’ve had this Weber on my new Davez off road engine for about 3 months now. On flat ground this thing runs like a beast. I couldn’t be happier with it. Has more power and gets great mileage. On any sort of incline or creeping up an incline  or sometimes even looking at an incline the carb will not run correctly.

I’ve done the float mod and the other vent mod with no real results. I also have a regulator set to 2 psi. It helped but I’m still not happy with it. I never had any issues with my stock carb. Call me crazy but I’ll be swapping back to stock. Unfortunately I sold by original stock carb.

It’s a Weber 32/36 with less that 1,000 miles on it. If anyone has a running OEM stock carb they would like to trade we can make a deal.

Toybrota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 166
  • Male Posts: 764
  • Member since Dec '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Swapping Weber for stock carb
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2019, 08:38:11 AM »
So I’ve had this Weber on my new Davez off road engine for about 3 months now. On flat ground this thing runs like a beast. I couldn’t be happier with it. Has more power and gets great mileage. On any sort of incline or creeping up an incline  or sometimes even looking at an incline the carb will not run correctly.

I’ve done the float mod and the other vent mod with no real results. I also have a regulator set to 2 psi. It helped but I’m still not happy with it. I never had any issues with my stock carb. Call me crazy but I’ll be swapping back to stock. Unfortunately I sold by original stock carb.

It’s a Weber 32/36 with less that 1,000 miles on it. If anyone has a running OEM stock carb they would like to trade we can make a deal.
I've got a running stock carb off my 85' I'll send your way if you pay the shipping. PM me for more

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

oleblue22 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Jun '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2019, 04:46:36 PM »
Ok I’ll do that. I appreciate it. You want me to send via PayPal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneckcustoms13

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 7674
  • Male Posts: 2,513
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2019, 08:25:03 AM »
If for some reason this falls through I have one I'd be willing to swap as well.
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck

Toybrota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 166
  • Male Posts: 764
  • Member since Dec '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2019, 08:39:02 AM »
Ok I’ll do that. I appreciate it. You want me to send via PayPal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM me and we can discuss the payment, PayPal will be fine

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Adam92

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '22
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 11:13:02 AM »
For the longest time I couldn't figure out why everyone has such a hard time with angles using the Weber carb. Mine runs at any angle like it's fuel injected, well I haven't had it upside down.

Then I came across a old man from Washington who builds them and after talking to him I discovered I had his part of my carb that seals up the fuel bowl, he explained to me that the air correctors and the fuel bowl vent won't seal, the top piece is a straight line and the fuel bowl contours the air corrector ports. There is barely any gasket touching and no clamping force to be had. On top of that, I doubt that top plate is machined perfectly flat.

His solution was simple, he machined out a 1/8", maybe less, piece of aluminum and uses 2 gaskets. This seals the fuel bowl from the air correctors. I've been running it for years now and my carb idles just as good on the flat as it does climbing a 45 degree angle. I'm not sure why his product has been over looked. He said he tried to sell it to redline, but they thought he was stupid.

I don't think he makes them any more, but with that plate in between the 2 carb pieces, I've never had the slightest issues on any angles. I go up washed out service roads in the cascades, past 45 degrees, I get stuck, fall out of the truck getting out to run my winch. All the time I'm doing this, 22r is idling perfectly.

Gnarly4X

• Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,228
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 11:28:23 AM »
Hey Adam92...

THAT is a very hot tip!! :beerchug:

Fuel delivery for carb'd engines and steep angles has always been a pain in the arse to rectify!! :yesnod:

Thank you for sharing! :gap:

Gnarls. :usa:
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein