Author Topic: Question on parts  (Read 1610 times)

mike4slund

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Mar '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Question on parts
« on: Mar 31, 2019, 05:32:29 PM »
Hello,

Back in 2013 I purchased a MCCL-111TC however i need to purchase it or the equivalent again.

Can someone direct me in the proper direction. This part seems to be unavailable at this time. Same thing with MCCL-622

I have an 87 4runner with turbo 22re with a v6 transmission (unsure of the year) with the 4 cylinder turbo trans bell housing

my orileys temporary is already starting to slip. :(
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2019, 06:07:45 PM by mike4slund »

- Sales Employee -

KDNICKELS

• Hawk
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 502
  • Member since Apr '19
  • 1998 Toyota 4Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Question on parts
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2019, 10:59:09 AM »
Hello,

We do not currently carry the kit that you previously purchased (MCCL-111TC), however, we do sell the parts that came in that kit. Those parts are as follows:

MCCL-212A - Flywheel
MCCL-124 - Clutch kit

We also sell the other part you are looking for and it is in stock as well:

MCCL-622 - Slave cylinder

Thank you,

Kyle

WizardMaster

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 52
  • Member since Jul '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2019, 08:55:15 AM »
Hello,

Back in 2013 I purchased a MCCL-111TC however i need to purchase it or the equivalent again.

Can someone direct me in the proper direction. This part seems to be unavailable at this time. Same thing with MCCL-622

I have an 87 4runner with turbo 22re with a v6 transmission (unsure of the year) with the 4 cylinder turbo trans bell housing

my orileys temporary is already starting to slip. :(

Please keep in mind that when you buy economy, that's exactly what you get. That's the only part of any product they DON'T lie about! They should say, "Would you like something so cheap it won't barley fit or even lost long".......I just rebuilt my rear disc brakes and I went to O'Riley's and bought the disc brake shoes for the new rear calipers and when I said that $50 was a bit steep, he asked me if I wanted the $20 economy shoes. I agreed, because they are easy to change later and they were only to be used during the rebuild and testing phases.  Let me first say....... They should NOT produce economy crap at all!!! It should not even be an option if it's sub par and the desk guy should warn you that he's taking you for your cash!! The clips didn't even stay on or fit the shoes that ride the piston, so I had to use E6000 ( watery'r version of GOOP ), to glue them clips on overnight. That worked fantastic and no obstructions and it's tough stuff!!  The other side where the shoe clips and hangs onto the caliper needed coaxing with a big pair of pliers!!!!  This is BS! The economy part of the deal was only to be the shoe material, NOT the entire package!  IF I had paid $50 and this happened, I would have been hot!! MADE IN ASIA. Buyer beware. I will never buy economy again and I do see for some, such as those with a clutch plate, it's not worth the elbow grease!!

BTW, any updates on your situation with your transmission clutch system??
Yours may go fast,but, mine can go anywhere and if you get in my way, I'll run over you with my big tires, the Taco Box way...... Nice and slowwwwwwww......

Lewis Hein

• Shoutbox Ban
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 273
  • Member since Feb '17
  • Trying to equal the wonderful one-hoss shay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2019, 07:55:31 PM »
I've said before, and I think it bears repeating:

If you want a Toyota pickup, fix it with Toyota parts. If you want an AutoZone pickup....

The same, in my mind, is true of OReilly's, Advance Auto parts, and, in the last few years, NAPA.

Gnarly4X

• Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5143
  • Male Posts: 4,210
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2019, 05:13:54 AM »
The “question” was about availability, not about quality.

Since quality has been touched....

For our early Toyotas….

Buying an MC part is buying the best (or one of a few best) quality parts available… availability may be another issue.

Buying a factory Toyota part is a safe choice, and for critical replacement parts, it’s a very smart choice.

Buying parts from OTHER than known reputable sources (reputable sources being sources that are typically in a very niche market like MC and 22RE Performance) is risky.

Buying less expensive parts to save money on critical function replacement parts can come back to bite your very hard.  Example, saving $5 on a 5-speed transmission input shaft seal or the rear crankshaft seal is really a dumb choice.  The trick is KNOWING what to buy, and that is a question that often causes the wrong choice.

I’ve been buying parts for my vehicles for the past 50+ years.  The convenience of having 2 Autozones’ and 2 O’Reilly’s just a few minutes away from home is nice, but the quality of the parts is typically less than they should be and too many times don’t fit correctly.  To get parts from my local Toyota dealer is a 40 minute drive – one way - and the Parts Department is only open certain hours.  More often than not, the parts department has to order the part for my 33 year old Toyota pick up.  And, of course, I know that Toyota is REALLY proud of their parts, especially if they are made out of rubber or plastic!!

I pay more for parts from 22RE Performance.  I can talk to Jim or Jerry almost any time during their business hours.  Their customer service has been excellent.  I trust what they tell me – they have zero reasons to BS me.  I do not trust what the parts person tells me at Autozone or O’Reilly’s.

My recent experience and buying parts has been limited with MC, but so far MC has been an excellent source for my 3 Toyota trucks – starting in 1994 with my Marlin Crawler t-case.

That’s just my opinion – it may worthless and full of pomp ‘n stink!  :blah:

Gnarls.  :gap:
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

𝓣𝓞𝓨𝓞𝓣𝓐

• Shoutbox Ban
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 193
  • Member since Jul '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2019, 09:33:56 PM »
To get parts from my local Toyota dealer is a 40 minute drive – one way - and the Parts Department is only open certain hours.  More often than not, the parts department has to order the part for my 33 year old Toyota pick up.  And, of course, I know that Toyota is REALLY proud of their parts, especially if they are made out of rubber or plastic!!

You have a cell phone? Call them, preferably with part # in hand, and have them order it. The only thing they have in for my truck these days is spark plugs, and not even the wires!

T-Revv

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 722
  • Male Posts: 278
  • Member since Apr '17
  • Crawlin at work, Crawlin on the trails. best life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2019, 08:31:18 AM »
As Kyle said:

Hello,

We do not currently carry the kit that you previously purchased (MCCL-111TC), however, we do sell the parts that came in that kit. Those parts are as follows:

MCCL-212A - Flywheel
MCCL-124 - Clutch kit

We also sell the other part you are looking for and it is in stock as well:

MCCL-622 - Slave cylinder

We just dont sell a clutch & flywheel package anymore, however both parts are available purchased separately.
"I dunno I just woke up from a lil nap, it's a lil dark but you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it."