We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: Fixed many recent forum issues  (Read 4402 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,289
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Fixed many recent forum issues
« on: Mar 09, 2019, 06:17:20 PM »
Helllllllo Crawler Land!!

In between being extremely busy with my Tacoma & our new Rock Crawling IFS Suspension Setup, I've been preparing our server configuration for an upcoming large website update.

The first step was to update most all server software which we did about two weeks ago. This update alone fixed the random issue of the forum being non-responsive from time to time (which required me to restart the web server each time).

It also enabled us to activate full SSL/HTTPS support for the forum which you now see is located at HTTPS with full log-in security in case you frequent out-of-home networks.

This also gave us the ability to use a new fancy Image Proxy which caches off-site or non-HTTPS linked images to our server rather than contineously retrieving them from their non-secure remote location.

Next I didn't realize that a new process on the back-end takes longer to complete than before which conflicted with a timeout variable causing our PHP compiler to crash about once every 3 to 5 mins, dumping roughly 150 MB in crash (core) files to the server everytime.

A few nights ago I began receiving texts to my phone from our server that we were running out of disk space which was highly unusual as we have plenty of free space remaining. It was very late at night and I "addressed" it by removing old backup files (freeing up over 100 GB) and went to bed.

I woke up to find that our entire site, email and all, were down and we only had like 1.5 MB of free disk space :yikes:

After pulling out some hair I was able to fix the issue. That was I think two days ago.

Fast forward to the present and about an hour ago I received a text message from a very good forum member regarding the inability to post new topics or replies. I also had received a PM for this yesterday but I haven't checked my work email in a bit due to being so busy with the new invention.

I then discovered that when we ran out of harddrive space a few database tables crashed causing corruption to the DB.

I have fixed the database and it should all be good to go now! Just thought I'd post this up to share what's been going on :wave:

I am currently in hour number nine for the day with RCLT, finalizing updated Jig designs. I will be building my second RCLT HD prototype that will be installed to my Tacoma later this month. It contains more than 100 (mostly small) improvements since my first prototype that was featured last month racing in the King Of The Hammers. This is gonna be one awesome year for sure!

Regards,
BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki