Author Topic: Project 1- rust repair on back glass window rail 1st gen 4Runner  (Read 2287 times)

mountain,man1

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 78
  • Member since Jan '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
This is my first project post I am attempting to do rust repair on the back glass window rail of my 4Runner I cleaned the surface of dirt and rust used 2 part steel reinforced epoxy to patch the giant hole and now I'm going to ace to find bearings to replace the plastic rollers on the window regulator
88 TurdRunner 22RE W56B 31x10.5R15 no lift rust assisted weight reduction 100% trail damage

Jimkola

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Feb '18
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I have the rail and regulator. I'd let both go for $75 plus shipping. I'm in Calif.(93117)
It'd probably be easier and safer to ship in two separate boxes.
Both are in very good  condition;free of rust besides some light oxidation.
The regulator has all the rollers intact. The elect. switches on the reg. are not included.
I can send pictures to an email. I haven't posted here enough to include attachments.

Jim

mountain,man1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I have the rail and regulator. I'd let both go for $75 plus shipping. I'm in Calif.(93117)
It'd probably be easier and safer to ship in two separate boxes.
Both are in very good  condition;free of rust besides some light oxidation.
The regulator has all the rollers intact. The elect. switches on the reg. are not included.
I can send pictures to an email. I haven't posted here enough to include attachments.

Jim

I'll take you up on that but won't have the money till Sunday my email is landersdevin@outlook.com if you could email me pictures and an estimate on shipping to Colorado 80422 that would be awesome.
 I was trying to fix it because my local junk yard wanted to charge me 200 + for the window and rails they would not sell the rail separate and did not have a regulator with good rollers so I was going to make my own rollers with miniature bearings and screw them on the roller posts
88 TurdRunner 22RE W56B 31x10.5R15 no lift rust assisted weight reduction 100% trail damage

mountain,man1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Jimkola do you have latch cables you would be willing to part with as well I was going to build my own out of mountain bike brake cables but the real thing would be so much better

Jimkola

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Feb '18
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I’ll get the rail down from the garage rafters and send images tomorrow.  I do have cables, but I Think I’ll hang on to them if and when mine break. One of my spare latch cables is one I had made out of cable I picked up at Home Depot. Barrel ends you can find on amazon. I made the right seat cable the same way. A little trickier, but do-able.
Btw, mine is a 1987 4Runner SR5 5spd.

Our wrecking yards here are pretty reasonable, it’s just the rarity of the vehicle.