Author Topic: 3rz wiring  (Read 1487 times)

87toycrawlersbc

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jun '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
3rz wiring
« on: Dec 25, 2018, 07:55:13 AM »
Hoping someone can help me out here I’ve read the 3rz database sticky and searched everything I can think of 15 times in hopes I would find it before I had to bother everyone! But no such luck. I am swapping a 02 3rz in my nephews 96 Tacoma that was dist. 3txt. His truck is manual 4x4 donor is a 01 auto 4x4.. I’ve got a 01 man ecu and the e5 plug already wired according to big mikes notes. The problem I’m having is the ik2 plug is almost identical but has a few wires once you get past pin 10 that are different color or has a few where Mike has none listed. To clear this up a little I’m getting the info off Bevins 2000 swap thread and is very similar to mine. My 2001 harness has the ik2 plug, and what I think is a white ik3 plug and also what I think is a blue il1 or ih1 with 4 wires that I can’t find any info on. The other issue I’m having is the two dash plugs from the 96 I need to wire the before mentioned too one is a white ik2 the other is a grey one almost the same size I cannot find any information on that wiring at all. I’ve found all the ecu pinout information easily but no luck at all on the dash part. I see a lot of what is removed when doing the swaps into the older trucks with out the taco gauges but that is not the issue here and maybe I should have swapped out the dash harness but was thinking it would be much simpler to repin the wires where they needed to be instead of pulling the whole dash out! I understand the wiring for the 96 has both o2 sensors on the engine harness where the donor has one on the engine and the other comes from the dash harness and then to the rear o2 but I don’t see that being an issue if I can figure out this dash wire problem. I promise I have searched searched and searched again on this website and google so I’ve did my homework on all I know to do and not looking for an easy answer I’ve hit a road block and had to ask for help. I’m sure someone has ran into this issue or knows where to send me to find wiring information I’m needing so thanks in advance any help at all is truly appreciated. If I’ve left any info out jst let me know I’ll fill in what I can and post pictures if need be. This is my first 3rz swap so I need some veteran help here!

gnob

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 486
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Re: 3rz wiring
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2018, 09:44:50 AM »
Buy time at toyota tis. Com. All the diagrams you need. Worth WAY more than you pay.

hold this. . .

87toycrawlersbc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2018, 10:56:53 AM »
Sounds like a plan thanks

87toycrawlersbc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2018, 02:44:20 AM »
Yes I even have yours copied to my home screen on my phone so I don’t  have search for it I’ve been going by yours  as much as big mikes for 2 weeks now. I’m off tomorrow and plan on working on the truck. I could make a pin list and color of the wires to show the difference. I’m gonna buy time on toyota ‘‘tis either tonight or in the morning when I can use it for the truck and stay busy on it. I hope I can find what I need there and make a list to put on here it might help someone else swapping a newer 2.7 in the 1st gen Tacoma I know I’m not the first to do this but I doubt I’ll be the last! Men love they’re trucks motors wear out and it’s cheaper to buy a later model used than it is to rebuild. I honestly don’t think they had changed the oil in this engine in the last 3 years and w over 300k that speaks for the 3rz durability. I had the 01 engine here I was planning on swapping in a 93 but gave it to him to save him some money. He’s 15 tries to work all he can and helps every time I work on his truck so I’d really like to get this going for him