Author Topic: Happy Birthday Nate!  (Read 1938 times)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Nate!
« on: Jul 25, 2018, 04:43:51 PM »
Hope you're having a great one! Something tells me you're probably working though. If that's the case..... have a great evening!   :beerchug:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Nate!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2018, 08:13:56 AM »
Happy Birthday Nate, here's hoping all is well!  :beerchug:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2018, 09:45:37 AM »
Happy birthday!
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2018, 10:11:57 AM »
Thanks gents!  Not working.  Took off three days to relax and hopefully fish.  I have done both.

I did go to the coast via hwy 36 (fires have 299 closed), which only added an hour to the trip.  Just got to sleep in the truck when eureka sheriffs officers knocked on the window.  They started asking a couple questions and I figured it best to tell them I had the 9mm under my pillow, so they checked out that and we spoke a bit more before they left.

That messed up my sleep cycle and it took forever to get back to sleep, then I finally woke up later than I wanted to, so I barely had time to fish for surf perch before I went out on a charter boat.  I made two fatal errors - I didn’t fill my stomach and I took two dramamine.  Chunder, anybody? 

I have lots of boating experience and have always had good sea legs, but I just couldn’t get my feet under me and started feeling bad fairly early into the trip, began sweating profusely (it was under 60 degrees)  and dryheaved twice, felt a little better for a bit then started to feel really bad and finally lost it.  I could not stay at the rail fishing any longer and laid down in the cab, which is where I stayed until we pulled up outside the harbor to pull the crab pots.

Everyone on the boat was very nice and had a great time, and luckily I had already caught quite a few fish by the time I went down.  I also recognized another person on the boat, which turned out to be one of my customers, who incidentally caught the biggest fish of the trip, a huge red vermillion!  I think it easily went 12 pounds

All in all a fun day, plus I think I finally found the spot where I long ago crashed my motorcycle, though it was dark and was hard to tell.  The good news is it’s much closer than I had been thinking so it won’t be a long trip to go back and check it out during the day when I can see detail better.  And either someone else has hit it just the same or there’s still the dent in the metal guide post from my head...
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

redneckcustoms13

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 7674
  • Male Posts: 2,513
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2018, 05:40:46 AM »
Happy late birthday. I hate your trip got you woozy. Hopefully you will have a good weekend.
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2018, 07:33:14 AM »
Happy Birthday Nate!  I hope your not burning up there in Redding.
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2018, 12:02:43 AM »
Thanks guys!  Luckily I am on the opposite side of town from the fires and it would have to ravage nearly the whole city to get to me, but you never know! 

It’s crazy how quickly the fire has spread, tripling the first to second day and doubling every two days or so.  It was about 6,000 acres the night I got back (tuesday), over 20,000 wednesday, and was nearly 81,000 this morning. 

Between 500 and 600 homes burned, not just structures, and 5 deaths so far.  2 were firefighters, and they just confirmed a lady and her two great grandchildren perished in the fire.  We can only speculate as to why, but it seems like she may not have heeded the warnings to evacuate.  Whether it was stubbornness or the inability to flee, it’s just heart wrenching to hear.

The smoke has been ridiculously thick l, but we stayed open and were the only tire shop open today, and the only one which stayed open yesterday.  We even had other shops calling us to see if we were staying open yesterday
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2018, 05:39:05 PM »
little late here, but happy birthday. Stay safe up there.

Dingman.

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1125
  • Male Posts: 3,448
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2018, 06:56:56 PM »
Happy Birthday Nate.  Stay safe bud!

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 30, 2018, 07:00:53 PM »
Thanks fellers!
RIP KYOTA