Author Topic: All Pro and Trail Gear?  (Read 4783 times)

cbeers

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 4368
  • Member since Jan '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
All Pro and Trail Gear?
« on: Mar 06, 2018, 08:13:09 AM »
I was just on APs site and it says they are joining with TG?
I am out of it/ didn't see that coming.

I haven't purchased a ton from AP but I've been eyeing their front bumper for my 85 4runner....I might need to get it now before any "efficiencies of TG mass production" kick in.

I know some like TG but i prefer MC and others.
 :turtle3:

CB

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3678
  • Male Posts: 2,845
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: All Pro and Trail Gear?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2018, 08:27:48 AM »
BAD NEWS!
Time to go wheelin!

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,052
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2018, 09:09:53 AM »
I would assume this is part of a retirement strategy. Move to where you want to retire and then work towards a buyout. TG got the Longfield name because his wife needed to money after his death. I don’t fault either situation and it’s smart business for TG to get everything they can. Doesn’t mean we have to like TG.

Thankfully, BigMike is capable of taking Marlin Crawler into the next generation.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Brendan

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2018, 11:13:40 AM »
Does anyone know why all pro moved back to California from Montana?

Brendan

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2018, 11:34:20 AM »
 I just called the All-Pro phone number and it rang through to trail gear. The trail gear representative said that as of today all communications are being patched over to trail gear. Unfortunately the TG rep did not have the details on why they decided to combine but he was able to tell me that everything that all pro sells and manufactures is coming over to them.  It sounds like all pro is basically closing shop but keeping the brand alive along with top management and maybe design team?

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2018, 11:47:47 AM »
Does anyone know why all pro moved back to California from Montana?

Probably the reason was winter :).  Also he moved to the Bitterroot Valley, which is full of California and even has bad traffic, relatively.  So you get the depressed economy and long winter of Montana with the rat race feeling of California, the worst of both places.  The obvious fix after you realize this would be to either move east of the divide in MT to get away from the CA, or go the other way and move back to CA and get rid of the winter and depressed economy.

Also compared to CA there is no wheeling in MT.
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

Brendan

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2018, 11:52:50 AM »
I forgot to add that the trail gear representative said that they are expecting all pros inventory to be arriving today at TG. He also stated that that all of their jigs and other manufacturing equipment is in the process of being shipped up to Fresno.

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3678
  • Male Posts: 2,845
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2018, 12:35:46 PM »
I could if it isn't the city.
Time to go wheelin!

Slabzilla

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1355
  • Male Posts: 539
  • Member since Dec '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2018, 01:07:52 PM »
Bummer, other than Marlin, you could trust the All-Pro parts and the customer service was always good.  I did want one of their bumpers, was saving my coins, oh well, some other company please make a better one for my 85' (Hint to Marlin).   :turtle:
'85 Xtra-cab, 4.5" Downey Off-Road lift, 12-15 KM2's on American Racing Baja's, Marlin's-4.88's & 4.7's, Downey Off-Road CAI, Marlin rear bumper & sliders

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 3744
  • Male Posts: 623
  • Member since Jun '15
  • GREEN NAME MAN BAD!
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2018, 02:10:09 PM »
I don't know how any sane person could live in Montana

Hah. the rest of us think the same about SoCal. I may despise the cold, but I'd rather be in Montana any day.
:)bestgen4runner [12:45 PM]:   I am so stupid.

Truer words have never been spoken...

T-Revv

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 722
  • Male Posts: 278
  • Member since Apr '17
  • Crawlin at work, Crawlin on the trails. best life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2018, 02:26:38 PM »
Bummer, other than Marlin, you could trust the All-Pro parts and the customer service was always good.  I did want one of their bumpers, was saving my coins, oh well, some other company please make a better one for my 85' (Hint to Marlin).   :turtle:

Dont worry we are still here, and are going strong.
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2018, 04:35:54 PM by BigMike »
"I dunno I just woke up from a lil nap, it's a lil dark but you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it."

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,582
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2018, 07:24:53 PM »

Any idea if there are plans to sell the weld-in "Turtle" plate again?
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2018, 07:28:20 AM by TRevv »
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2018, 12:26:42 AM »
Hah. the rest of us think the same about SoCal. I may despise the cold, but I'd rather be in Montana any day.

I will gladly stick to northern california, where we get winters (sometimes) and summers.  Just not thrilled about the heavy political influence from mid to so cal
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 2018, 07:04:04 AM »
That SUCKS!! 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

T-Revv

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 722
  • Male Posts: 278
  • Member since Apr '17
  • Crawlin at work, Crawlin on the trails. best life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2018, 07:32:45 AM »
Any idea if there are plans to sell the weld-in "Turtle" plate again?

Who knows, very possible. Just have to keep a watch out for whats to come.  Many irons in the fire right now.   :eyebrow:  :shhh:
"I dunno I just woke up from a lil nap, it's a lil dark but you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it."

Slabzilla

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1355
  • Male Posts: 539
  • Member since Dec '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 07, 2018, 06:53:25 PM »
I should have said Front bumper, I already have the Awesome wrap-around Marlin rear bumper and sliders, just need the matching and Awesome Front Winch Bumper, with Turtle, Please.  I need something to put my Marlin Fairlead on.   :biggthumpup:
'85 Xtra-cab, 4.5" Downey Off-Road lift, 12-15 KM2's on American Racing Baja's, Marlin's-4.88's & 4.7's, Downey Off-Road CAI, Marlin rear bumper & sliders

CrazyYota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 92
  • Male Posts: 1,073
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2018, 05:51:55 AM »
 :rivers:
>Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

Brendan

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2018, 01:37:02 PM »
Does anyone from Marlin Crawler have industry insider information that they can reveal?  Too bad MC does not have mass manufacturing capabilities, then maybe AP could have merged with MC.

Gnarly4X

• Turtle Points: 5143
  • Male Posts: 4,210
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #18 on: Mar 11, 2018, 05:35:24 AM »

From my basic desire for living in an environmental climate or physical location at age 70….

To perhaps over simplify “living”… there is a monetary, comfort, and emotional component to an environment of choice.

Each can have trade-offs.

Living in a cold climate costs money to heat, and living in a hot climate cost money to cool. The economy can be a factor for employment, retirement, or fixed income living.

Comfort wise, for any given year you can calculate the hours out of 24 and the days out of 365 you are “comfortable”.  Here in Casa Grande I am very comfortable with about 8 months of t-shirt and shorts weather, and lots and lots of sunshine that allows for much time outdoors in a comfortable average ambient temperature.

You could not pay me enough money to live in a cold climate, including Highwood, MT.  Or 9 months of drizzle like Seattle.  Or a politically insane government and out-of-control lawlessness of California.  I would not live in Florida with potential catastrophic weather events that can happen anytime and any year.  I could not live in a heavily congested population like New York.

Then there is an emotional component.  That’s where in your mind you are willing to make a trade-off or many trade-offs for your personal feelings, like being close to your family members, your political ideaology, and other socio-economic and psychographic aspects.

Here in sunny AZ, I get my 10,000 IU of vitamin D almost every single day!!..... But so does lots of cacti and the Diamondback rattle snakes.  Driving down the freeway and into a zero-visibility dust storm is one of the scariest experiences I have ever had.  Having to clean up the yard after a micro-burst filled monsoon storm really sucks. Getting into my truck after sitting in a 115+ degree July sun all day and not being to grab the steering wheel or make sure the metal latch on my safety belt does not touch my skin is a several minute thrill.  The inside of my truck one summer got up to 157 degrees F!!

Life and living decisions usually involve trade-offs.  I think it would take nothing short of a hydrogen bomb to blow me out of here!

Gnarls.
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2120
  • Male Posts: 2,336
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #19 on: Mar 11, 2018, 04:07:36 PM »
I should have said Front bumper, I already have the Awesome wrap-around Marlin rear bumper and sliders, just need the matching and Awesome Front Winch Bumper, with Turtle, Please.  I need something to put my Marlin Fairlead on.   :biggthumpup:

lol my Marlin fairlead is on a jeep :D
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11