not a big update but I finally got some time to work on her.
picked up two IFS CV drive shafts from a good friend for free and cut one apart to start mockup on the front shaft.
I got lucky and just happened to have some drive shaft tubing I was given by a friend a while back that looks to be real close to the right length. only buzz kill is my Toyota flange on the atlas does not have the CV pattern so I am going to have to take it off and drill it for the new pattern.
I also tacked in the lower links and raised the axle until the tie rod would hit the frame to see how it would look. this will require some notching for the drag link for sure but would gain me 2" of up travel hence lowering the ride height 2". right now the lower links are 44" eye to eye and I think the upper is going to end up around 36-40" I think.
in the last two pictures you can see I started to try and place the upper link in there and it is tight. if I had it strait up and down it would contact the nut on the fan belt. I angled it back to where I think it would fit at full bump and have a little clearance for adjustment but it brings my vertical separation down to around 6" which is slightly concerning. I am also going to probably have to bend my upper link some to clear the motor mount unless I rework the motor mount too.
if I can make this as my full bump it would put my frame height at full bump around 16.5" so if I add in 5" up travel it would put me about 21.5" to frame at ride height, then 2" down or so for the belly pan would make the belly around 19.5". this is a little low but I can always turn the shocks up to around 6" up travel and get my belly over 20 if needed.