Author Topic: For serious dog lovers and everyone else!  (Read 37049 times)

Gnarly4X

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,225
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: For serious dog lovers and everyone else!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 23, 2017, 04:58:53 AM »
People are stupid!

As an eccentric dog owner, and having spent the last 8 ½ years intently researching and studying every aspect man’s best friend, I am astounded and sometimes shocked at the level ignorance by many pet owners.  Naturally, as a pet owner you have many opportunities to have conversations about your pet dog or dogs.  Sadly, discovering that too many dog owners, and often in the general public’s misconceptions, I do what I can to educate people about what I have learned, and promote the love and proper treatment for dogs when I have the opportunity.

Despite the fact that there is excellent information in books, online classes, and highly informative websites available, it is unfortunate that there is a level of misinformation and bravo sierra that is commonly being perpetuated on the Internet by food producers, supplement and health care suppliers, pet stores, dog groomers, veterinary practitioners, scientific researchers, and self-proclaimed dog training experts.

It is interesting, but not unusual, to find controversy and debate among the experts.  For example dog training.  Some of the most well-known dog trainers and their methods are often highly disputed and sometimes find themselves facing law suits.

A dog’s diet is too often misunderstood and is controversial.  Should you feed your dog dairy products?  How about pork?  Or raw meat?

Toys?…. Is a tennis ball a good toy for a dog?  How about cow hide chews?

What does your dog groomer tell you about nail trimming your dog? Or expressing your dog's anal glands?

What does your veterinary doctor tell you about vaccines and flee and tick drugs?

Are the popular pet stores a safe place to take your dog?  Is your local dog park safe for your new puppy?

Every dog owner may have a different experience, level of understanding, knowledge, and feelings about their dog, but there are many facts that are well established about man’s best friend.

What’s my point?  As a dog owner take time to educate yourself about the incredible animal that is a family member and whose quality of life, health, and happiness totally depends on your dedicated proper care, protection, and love.

Gnarls.
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2017, 05:09:59 AM by Gnarly4X »
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein