Author Topic: ToyBrota's 85 Xtracab Build up.  (Read 37061 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Toybrota

  • Offline 4WD Legend
  • *****
  • Turtle Points: 121
  • Male Posts: 757
  • Member since Dec '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: ToyBrota's 85 Xtracab Build up.
« Reply #300 on: Apr 25, 2018, 09:07:49 AM »
Update on that seal...

I replaced it with a standard thickness seal.
The one I got from Toyota was thinner so it doesn't ride in the same ridge, I was not paying attention and I didn't push it in to the bottom of the oil pump. Only flush. It leaked like crazy.

So, in about 30 minutes I replaced it with a standard seal. No leaks.

I also ordered a new balancer + seal from LCE, because it's only a matter of time before this seal in there starts leaking.


Now the bad! The top bolt threads on my oil pump is stripped, completely. Can't even get a bolt in there to stay really. I had this issue when I did my timing chain, I just pushed a bolt in there with sealer and it worked fine.

I did the same, and it looks fine for right now.
I don't really want to remove the cover, just to drill that hole out and tap it. Oh well.
At that rate, I should just finish this other motor and drop it in to avoid these stupid headaches.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk