So despite me wanting to wait until after the Moab trip was in the bag some guy keeps pestering me to get this thread going as well. I suppose he's got a point. There isn't much time separating the two trips. So once again recap: Colorado trip got canceled, two trips this year, one to Moab other to California, yadda yadda, you get the point.
This trip is shaping up as such: Myself, bestgen, and my buddy with his FJ80 will be leaving Washington at the butt crack of pre-dawn on the 9th of September. We will drive straight to the trail-head of the undetermined trail (either Fordyce or High lakes) that day. Setup camp and then wheel that area until we move to the next. We will do this up until the 14th at which time we will head to the trail-head at Loon to meet up with some turtles for the roundup. We will wheel the con and attend the roundup with us leaving early on the 17th to head home to Washington.
I have reached out to many of you CA guys about this trip and I'm hoping to see as many of you guys as possible. Would love to have anyone who wants to come along come not only for the con but for Fordyce and High lakes as well. This trip is just in preliminary stage of planning at this point. As I said I am focused on Moab right now, but I wanted to get the discussion rolling on this one as well.