So my beloved 97 4Runner 3RZ, 5speed took a poop on me a few weeks ago, so she just got a shiny new engine, there it sits in the bay but it will not start up! Im pulling my hair out here, please help me!
What I've done so far...
- Spark test; plug in wire, ground out plug, spark good.
- Injector test; Noid light flashy, good.
- I hear the fuel pump run for a second after cranking, so I think its ok...?... ( Toyota fuel pumps prime when cranking if I'm not mistaken, so I wont hear it before I try to turn the engine over... I think)
- Rechecked all the engine grounds, bueno, all connected properly.
- No codes
- CEL comes on when the key is on, so I think this means my ECM is alive...?...
It doesn't even attempt to start, no sputtering, or any of that, she just spins. Everything sounds normal when cranking so I'm pretty sure the timing chain is at least turning the valve-train, plus it would at least try to start and backfire or pop if the timing was off, right?
This seems like a fuel problem to me, but with the injectors functioning, I dunno. Maybe the fuel is blocked someplace?