Author Topic: 1988 Toyota 4Runner 22RE rblt, ARB, eLocker, full float axle, dual cases, more  (Read 6956 times)

TruckTrader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 35
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
SOLD

$8,900 obo

1988 Toyota 4runner with SR5 package added, it was originally a DX but I added the instrument cluster from an SR5, A/C, inclinometer, etc so it's fully equiped like an SR5 minus power windows and locks. It has a rebuilt 22RE by a reputable shop and we have the receipts to prove it along with all receipts for the past 10 years, it has ice cold A/C, it's smog legal, clear title, and it's currently insured and has current registration. It starts right up, doesn't leak, doesn't smoke, and rides very nice. There are no surprises with this rig and it's worth every penny if you want the best. This truck has been through John Bull, Calico, Death Valley, TDS, etc etc and never broken anything. We kept it IFS for the ride quality and chose to beef up the parts rather that do a solid axle swap SAS.

I built this vehicle for my father who's in his 70's and he has enjoyed it and taken very good care of it, no expense spared. It's incredibly straight and clean, everything works like it should. I built this from a stock rig and put about $10,000 worth of parts on it not including the original $3600 we paid for it stock. Only the best parts went on this exploration rig and it has never left us stranded or got stuck where it couldn't get out. It's great on fuel and will run all day long without overheating or giving you any issues. These are getting hard to find, even harder to find in this kind of condition. You won't find another one this clean with the kind of equipment found on this one. It's already set up to be towed behind a motorhome so all the wiring is already done for you and the tow bar mounts are custom. It was repainted about 5 years ago but has some light scratches from off road use. The interior is immaculate with the factory vinyl floor, much nicer and more durable than carpet.

Engine- stock 22RE just rebuilt with less than 500 miles on it, I have receipts totaling over $3,000 for the work that was just done. It has a smog legal LC Engineering header, passes smog with flying colors. New clutch, pressure plate, resurfaced flywheel. The power difference since the rebuild is amazing.

Transmission - 5 speed W56 trans with dual transfer cases (2.28x2.28), Trail Gear cross member, Sky t-case e-brake.

Front axle - IFS with 4.30 gears, ARB plumbed to a compressor under the hood, Total Chaos idler arm, Old man emu Torsion bars, everything beefed up for off road use.

Rear axle - Old man emu lift springs that ride incredibly smooth, Full floater kit with hubs so you can flat tow and not worry about spinning your drive line an damaging parts, rear disc brakes, 4.30 gears, factory E-locker, full diff armor, shock mounts relocated, U bolt flip kit.

Tires - new BFG 33"x10.5"x15" AT's on 15"x7" alcoa alloy wheels

Protection - Marlin Crawler winch bumper in the front and rear, Trail Gear rock sliders, super beefy Downey skid plate.

Other - Warn 9500 Si winch, custom built flat tow adapter, tow wiring is permanently wired through the chassis for flat towing, CB, on board air, combination running light/turn signal mod. Optima blue top battery, much much more.

No lowballers, don't waste my time or yours. Here's a link to more pics http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5715834794.html

Vince 626-262-37 five zero
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2017, 06:16:50 AM by TruckTrader »
1994 Toyota Surf SSRX 3.0 Turbo Diesel

Garth

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
Craigslist ad flagged for removal.

TruckTrader [OP]