Admiittedly, I’ve been procrastinating at finishing this rebuild. I still have the rear diff that is leaking at the pinion flange, the power steering box is leaking, and I need to do the exhaust system – a DT header and 2” exhaust with a new muffler. And, the AC needs to be recharged after sitting in my garage for almost 4 years. By the time I’m done, I believe I will have over $6,000 in this complete rebuild.
I pulled the tranny and t-case out this morning. Took me 3 hours 6 minutes (I’m probably slower than the average) from the time I plugged in the air compressor to the time I got a shower, and sitting back down on the couch with a glass of Black Cherry Kool-Aid.
I will remove the bell housing and pull the bad seal - and hopefully have a new input shaft seal by Tuesday, and replace it on Wednesday, and get it back installed.