Author Topic: Gnarly4X's 22RE Rebuild  (Read 398373 times)

Gnarly4X

• Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,238
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Gnarly4X's 22RE Rebuild
« Reply #870 on: May 05, 2017, 07:45:39 PM »
But I love it here :) Maybe just further up into the mountains where emissions isn't required.

andykrow... are you at about 4500 to 5000 feet elevation?  My 22RE's work way better than my 22R engine at elevation.

Colorado is nice, and one of trail runs that I did not get to do, and everyone that I know who went there raved about the trips!  But..you couldn't blow me out of Casa Grande with hydrogen bomb!

I love the sunshine and the desert.  Obviously everything is a trade-off.... every geographic place has pluses and minuses.  The weather is a biggie for me.  On the way home this afternoon my car thermometer read 109 degrees F... felt like it too.

The good news is if we get 2 consecutive days of 100+ degrees, it will kill the flower blossoms... and reduce the "allergy season".

The desert can be a harsh place to survive. The animal life is abundant, but the survival rate is pretty low.  I've saved over a 100 honey bees from drowning in my pool, and a dozen or so baby birds from dying.  Last year I saved a baby Gecko lizard that had his leather egg sack stuck over his head.  He could barely breath.  He was about an inch and half long, very fragile.  I worked on him for about 45 minutes with a pair of cuticle scissors and a tootpick before I could get it off his head.  Funny thing is, he held still for me while I worked on him.

I rescued a baby sparrow on Wednesday. He was barely alive when I scooped him out of the pool.  I wasn't sure he was going to make it.  It took about 30 minutes in my hands to get him warmed up.  After he opened his eyes and started plucking himself, I sat him down in the sunshine on the cool deck and his Momma came almost immediately.  My wife watched him practically all day as the Momma bird fed him and tried to coax him to fly.  He finally flew into a nearby Palo Verde tree for the night just about the time the sun was setting.

I felt really good about saving another one of God's creatures.  I hope I put a nice deposit in my Karma bank.

Gnarls.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:01:25 PM by Gnarly4X »
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein