Author Topic: Gnarly4X's 22RE Rebuild  (Read 181458 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gnarly4X

  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • *
  • Turtle Points: 3689
  • Male Posts: 3,018
  • Member since Jun '16
  • Marlin and I slid "The Sluice" Martinez Canyon
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Gnarly4X's 22RE Rebuild
« Reply #540 on: Mar 13, 2017, 07:36:08 PM »
I'm glad I did NOT apply any solvent or liquid on the inside of this IAC valve.

After I cleaned some of the carbon off with only a dry Q-tip, I noticed it looks like there one piece (attached to spring) that is made of some kind of phenolic material.  The cover is also made from what appears to be some type of phenolic.

I cleaned the 2 nipples with a tiny wire brush and my Dremel tool.

The old gasket is still intact, so I will just apply a very thin coat of Ultra Black.

I'm not sure what level of functionality it has at this point, but I will re-install it a see.

I ordered my 4 hoses and new clamps from 22RE Performance and should be able to get this re-installed by Saturday morning.

Gnarls.
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~26,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

 
 
 
 
 

Related Topics

3 Replies
1943 Views
Last post Dec 13, 2007, 04:08:02 PM
by 84pickup
4 Replies
2121 Views
Last post Feb 23, 2010, 05:57:24 PM
by topkicktech
8 Replies
2417 Views
Last post Jun 22, 2010, 02:37:06 PM
by gtoyonrocks
0 Replies
855 Views
Last post Feb 23, 2012, 03:48:38 AM
by b_sherwood3
9 Replies
1857 Views
Last post Jan 08, 2016, 02:03:22 PM
by emsvitil