Author Topic: 4WP's tit's in a wringer  (Read 3062 times)

ntsqd

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 148
  • Member since Jul '02
    • View Profile
Cross threaded is tighter than Locktite

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
Re: 4WP's tit's in a wringer
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2005, 10:24:59 AM »
Wow, that freaking retarded.  I never like FWP anyways.  I was going to buy a body lift from them awhile back.  i called to make sure they were open and they had the body lift.  I got there and they were closed.  Drove 45 minutes to get there for nothing.  Its pretty cool now becasue i don't like body lifts anymore.

scheid6996

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,216
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2005, 11:02:39 AM »
ya they are freaking gay, i hate them, ill never buy from then again, they always treat u like :pokinit: on the phone
When i die, i wana Be buried face down, so anyone who doesnt like me can kiss my :moon:

Its a redneck thing
"Nobody Loves Me"

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2005, 11:19:18 AM »
They will always be there for the chrome loving bolt on crowd  :talkingn:

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2005, 03:31:38 PM »
I bought my 36 irocks with that no questions asked warranty..The 1st weekend with them out I ruiened a tire..They asked me one question,,what do i think went into the tire..But they started to ask me more questions and I kind of jokeingly said you cant ask me these questions..They stopped but did warranty the tire..I don't like 4wp but they did give me the best price on rubber..But I would never get service work there..
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2005, 03:56:13 PM »
I was looking at new sx's thru them, it is nice to have a place in town you can pick up tires to save on shipping.

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Male Posts: 2,028
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a RockStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2005, 08:09:07 PM »
I worked as a tech for the one in Charlotte, NC. I loved my job.
That's how I roll

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2005, 08:10:54 PM »
what happened to it rockwelled?

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2005, 08:18:06 PM »
went back to work for an advertising agency(made more $$$)
That's how I roll

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2005, 08:21:51 PM »
More money is always better!!

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 24
  • Male Posts: 639
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2005, 12:13:28 AM »
As long as there are idiots that continue to shop there they will continue to be in business.  I hate that store.  Last time I bought something there I was watching the people who were in the store and buying things.  I thought to myself I don't want to be like these people.

All the trucks in the parking lot were really clean and pretty.  Lots of lifted 2wd's with 40" tires.  Some people paying those hacks to install lifts, gears, lockers, tires on people's new trucks.  One guy was paying $5000 for them to do this to his new Wrangler.
'04 Taco DC 4x4

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2005, 06:13:38 AM »
Yeah I buy some stuff from them like tires, winch accessories, and small stuff I "need right now" as there is 1 5 mins. from me. One point I called them and asked about a hawse fairlead as my bumper would not work with a roller. The kid on the phone tried to convince me that I needed a roller for a couple of minutes I finally told him " I didn't call to ask about a roller fairlead did I?" That kind of turned me off to them for a while but now I have a buddy that works there so they are much easier to deal with. Besides I have yet to find better prices on tires (once you factor shipping and such from mail order places).
"between projects"

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 29, 2005, 11:08:05 AM »
Most tire dealers get there swampers 4WPWS
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 29, 2005, 11:46:18 AM »
I know 4WP is not the cheapest with BFG's and MT/R's.  Those you can get at Walmart, or America's Tire for less.

As for Swampers try tires.com/America's Tire Co.  They have stores everywhere and will get just about any tire you ask for.  I'm sure they can get swampers.  I've gone into there stores and asked for a certain tire that wasn't on there website or in stock and they would order it for me at no extra cost.  Plus there prices include mount, balance, free rebalance (we all need that on our 4x4's), prorated roadhazard.  And on top of all that there are the only place I have seen around here that balance tires the right way.  They put the weights where you want them.  I get them on the back of the rim for my trucks and for my cars I have the weights put on both sides. Also they check the balance after they add weights.  Most places don't recheck after adding weights.  My friends and I get our BFG's and MT/R's there and Walmart.

Besides 4WP are always pushing those stupid ProComp tires.  And those tires are not cheap, they cost more than BFG's.
'04 Taco DC 4x4

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 29, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »
Well I haven't had any problems with the 4WPWS in Sacramento.  I bought all me gears lockers and tire from them. I have exchange me 2 of my tires on there tire warranty and had no problems.  They static balance my tires for me.  And you should alwayw wait for the buy 3 get one free sales if your looking at the procomps and BFG's
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2005, 09:05:02 PM »
As long as there are idiots that continue to shop there they will continue to be in business.  I hate that store.  Last time I bought something there I was watching the people who were in the store and buying things.  I thought to myself I don't want to be like these people.

All the trucks in the parking lot were really clean and pretty.  Lots of lifted 2wd's with 40" tires.  Some people paying those hacks to install lifts, gears, lockers, tires on people's new trucks.  One guy was paying $5000 for them to do this to his new Wrangler.

I'm not a F^$&ING HACK! Nor were the guys who I worked with. There are people who don't have the knowledge or tools necessary to install a lift or tires onto wheels or gears and still want to have fun with it
That's how I roll

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2005, 09:51:45 PM »
What kind of training do you have?  How about your coworkers?  What does 4WP require of it's mechanics to get hired on?
'04 Taco DC 4x4

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 810
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2005, 11:22:31 PM »
I have never dealt with these stores, however we would all be fools if we never thought business ethics are lacking these days. I have always wanted to support the little man. I will go out of my way AND pay more to go through mom and pop than the Wal-Marts or Costco's, however lately mom and pop are having a hard time keeping up.
Eiether way its nice to see a larger chain like 4wheel parts being held accountable. I doubt the mechanics and techs have much say on how things are run in a company that large, so its probably not fair to assume that the core workers of there business, are as crooked as the owners are.
Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind.

86 4runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Feb '05
  • SAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 30, 2005, 12:06:27 AM »
all i know is the 4wheel parts by my house is ok. they are all pretty nice people and they got some nice wheelin rigs. not fawkin pavement pounders. most of them are beat to hell and have exos and other good stuff on them. the best part is most of them are yotas. i dont know about the other stores but these guys dont seem to be just sellin the :pokinit:, they know how to use it, but yeah i still only buy the stuff that i cant get any where else from them.
86 4 Runner SAS, 37 inch Toyo M/T's, E-Locker rear, Lock Right front. 30 spline Longs, 5.29's, Dual Cases, Warn XD9000i

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar 30, 2005, 12:36:08 AM »
I know of many people fuged over by 4wp,,there know for doing crap work..Forgetting to add gear oil,,tightn lug nuts,you name it.Dip shits mounted two of my Irocks on backwards..I did nopt notice till i got home..I was pretty pissed..So I called them on the phone ans was like wtf..The guys started to tell me i was full of :pokinit: that there not directional.sorry rockwell but they have a bad name and the feeling seems to be the sme everywhere...I know the one here is portland is full of arrogant homos who can do no wrong..when I go in there I just want to pregnant dog slap people right off the bat..get my stuff and get out of dodge..
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mar 30, 2005, 02:19:56 PM »
I just wish I had a four wheel drive shop within a state or two. But I do agree about 4wp. I talked to a guy on the phone about a month ago and he was a major azzhoe. They won't get my money.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough