Author Topic: Hi all...  (Read 706 times)

Speed

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -22
  • Male Posts: 127
  • Member since Jun '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Hi all...
« on: Jun 16, 2014, 07:54:47 PM »
Hi all;
   :inthedark: Just got logged in here. I'm Speed,I'm 61 years along,on SSD,and am located about halfway between Salt Lake City and Reno,in the vast uncharted wilderness of Nevada that is before California and the end of the world. I just traded into an '81 Toyota 4X4 pick up-all stock,155,000 on the odometer,badly wrinkled. It was rolled,and left for dead for about 10 years. Seems to run pretty good,but needs some work. (It's a driver-the doors and windows are all good and work as they should;the mirrors were destroyed but I put a set of Bronco-II mirrors on it. Still working on getting the Title.) I'm going to make this my DD,so I'm wondering what,if any,weak points there are on these,so I can be equipped to deal with 'em. I'll get a repair manual for it next payday. It appears the fuse box got smoked-the whole right side is dysfunctional. :confused: No headlights,no horn,various intermittent electrical issues. I have a fuse box ordered. Hoping to find an easy way to install P/S on it. Any information,suggestions and ideas you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
   Speed
"HMMmmmm--What can I make outta that??"

"Bash On Regardless"

toyodaaddict

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 399
  • Male Posts: 1,145
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2014, 08:29:49 PM »
 :welcome: you might consider changing your name if your going to be driving a toyota  :rofl2: just kidding.  Never had to do it but power steering should be a simple bolt on swap, assuming the block is tapped for it, I believe some early blocks/heads where not.
80 shortbed-22re,w56,Marlin 23 spline dual cases,HighAngle drivelines,RUF/63"chevy's,35''mtr's,30 spline Longfields, Allpro highsteer.87 rear axle,5.29 gears,rear spool,BudBuilt cm, marlin HD clutch,ramsey 8000 winch. 
     https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=101882.0

Speed [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -22
  • Male Posts: 127
  • Member since Jun '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2014, 10:59:14 PM »
I'll check into the mounting holes deal. I'm also planning to find an A/C compressor and brackets to build an on-board air system like I did on my Bronco II. My nearest wrecking yard of any value is 52 miles from here,so maybe I can coerce my Nephew into finding me an air conditioned truck with power steering over in Salt Lake City and gathering what I need.
Speed
"HMMmmmm--What can I make outta that??"

"Bash On Regardless"

toe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -60
  • Male Posts: 1,693
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2014, 01:18:44 AM »
 :cheese: