Author Topic: insurance question  (Read 814 times)

monyman

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 259
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
insurance question
« on: Jun 10, 2013, 01:30:57 PM »
I discovered I have a problem with my new truck: insurance. :headscratch: My current insurer won't insure my truck with tires 2" bigger than stock. This wasn't an issue on my old truck because I started with smaller tires, upped the size over time and didn't even think to inform the carrier. This time I started with 38.50s. Any suggestions on carriers for a street legal, built trail rig?
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

Goldrush

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 145
  • Male Posts: 1,381
  • Member since Jan '10
  • wheelin!!
    • View Profile
Re: insurance question
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2013, 01:42:12 PM »
do everything online. allstate or progressive.
-Zack- aka uncle Zack!                GOT MARLIN?

x250f23x

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -25
  • Male Posts: 172
  • Member since Aug '12
  • 8D 8] 8| 8\ 8[
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: insurance question
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2013, 09:29:02 PM »
 I've been using AAA for the past several years now & I recommend them. They might be more $$$ but the service I get is super worth it. They have many locations around me (SoCal), and with very little wasted time in line. Another big reason I like AAA is because here in CA, they'll do DMV registration work. This has been super useful for me! Being able to go to AAA and get some DMV work done before my lunch is over is such a great tool they offer. Almost feels like I'm cheating the system :shhh: Also I find that with all the questionable trucks I've needed to register and insure over the years, it has been extremely straight forward, to the point and down right easy. Nothing like the DMV's he said she said round and round you go circus of magic tricks on your time and money. Also the great thing about AAA is I can see the same person every time when I need to get some stuff done. And most of the time if you give the nice lady's a smile and thank you before you leave, they'll remember you the next time you come in... Maybe that's a hint I've got a toyota problem..

About 5 years ago, a red light runner tagged me and banged up my GM real good. I called and told them the situation. I took it to my preferred shop and both AAA and the body shop took care of everything. I didn't have to do a thing or make one phone call. Excellent service! I really do believe AAA cares about their members in a way that ALL other insurance company's should strive for.

Anyways, if you can, big thumbs up on AAA. And as for the 2" tire deal, Ive taken a truck so smashed up it looked like it was gang raped in a demolition derby that had big tires and rusty old rims. Not a single bump in the road.. insured and registered :gap: Doesn't get any better then that.