Author Topic: Simple wiring diagram 22re  (Read 13647 times)

merace19

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Nov '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Simple wiring diagram 22re
« on: Nov 08, 2013, 02:49:23 PM »
Looking for a simple wiring diagram for a 22re in a 85. Bought a none running truck and guy said he replaced the harness due to the PO wiring in a stereo to th3e fuel pump and just making a mess of things. He replaced the harness and the truck has not been started since. I bought it and just want to make sure the right harness on and that everything hooked up.
Also it HAD a auto trans now it has a 5speed. So not sure on anything.
 But it did run with the 5 speed in before the harness change.

Vang530

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Simple wiring diagram 22re
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2013, 05:54:17 PM »
i got my diagrams from autozone.com...you have to register but it gives you the full manual for free and was easy to follow for my efi swap
Oroville, CA

merace19 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2013, 02:53:20 AM »
I have just about all the FSMs for toyotas. Just nothing SIMPLE. Like what wires HAVE to be hooked up and what can be left out.

tyes

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -10
  • Male Posts: 238
  • Member since May '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2013, 04:51:18 PM »
more than likely you need to trace the wires. what are the symptoms when you turn the key? What do you hear? Do you hear the fuel pump priming? Do you hear the starter clicking? What do you see? ANY lights flickering, dimming lights?? We need more info if you want to get it fix. chances are, its something very small. If you the the diagram its a plus already.
86 T4R V8 1UZ-Fe

merace19 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »
wanting to clean up the wires and such
But issue I got is I can turn the key and nothing. I hear some relays working, Fuel pump is dead as I put straight power to it and nothing.  But the starter relay may be bad or the wiring harness(not stock to truck) is missing a input. It was a auto switched to 5speed. I think the neutral safety switch is not by passed correctly. I have yet to look for it. I just jumper the starter straight and get it to run for a few seconds on ether.  Got a pump yesterday and soon as I get chance gonna pop it in and see if the pump comes on when I try to crank it. If not I will jump the test port under the hood to force it on.
I got a 350 with 350 and 205 waiting to go in. Just wanted to verify if the unknown 22re will crank and run and maybe get me thru the winter.

merace19 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2013, 05:15:26 PM »
Worked on the harness a little today. Pain in butt.
Getting wrong voltages at spots that should be 12, but I get 6. no power to the fuel pump no matter what I did. Even did the by pass under the hood.

Vang530

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2013, 12:27:44 AM »
if you want simple, trash the circuit opening relay and cut off the afm wires that go to it. just run a simple relay to your fuel pump keyed off the ignition switch.ditch the fuse block and just run a chevy 1 wire alternator or put an inline fuse on the stock toyota one.. if you ditch the fuse box, run the efi main relay 1 & relay 2 straight the the battery with proper fuse...other than that most of its pretty self contained...you just have to sort out what to cut off from the body harness & snip away... eliminating the engine fuse box was simpler for me. i got it down to just 2 wires for 12v, 1 ground, 1 switch, and 1 ign wire.

heres what i used for my celica 20r to 22re swap. scroll down for diagrams: http://home.earthlink.net/~twopapa/pix.htm
Oroville, CA

merace19 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2013, 04:13:23 AM »
Thanks.
Got the pump figured out and the truck will run on starting fluid. So I assume the ignition portion of the system is working.

NOW my issue is the injectors are not firing. They have the constant 12 volts to them but the ECM is not telling them to ground out and complete the path. I used a noid light and put my hand on them to verify they are not clicking during cranking or that second or 2 of running on fluid.