Author Topic: 5.5" Fabtech lift and 35" tires for 7.3 ford (leaf spring)...pics added  (Read 3598 times)

89toy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,003
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
Ok, here is the deal...I bought a 2000 F-250 with a lift and I want to return to factory height or leveling kit (what can I say, the miles, motor, and price was perfect).  5.5" Fabtech performance lift with 35" BFG all-terrain tires (90% tread on tires...2 are only about 4 months old).  Tires are 35x12.5R16.5.  The rims are Eagle Alloy 16.5x12 (8 on 170 bolt pattern).  This lift should fit any F=250/350 from 99-2004 (as long as it is leaf sprung).  

I am looking to do a straight trade and you pay to swap suspension.  I don't want factory rims so if you have aftermarket rims with tires that are at least 80% tread or better I will trade.  Catch: I am not willing to drive too far to do the swap.  I would prefer to stay in north east AZ or western NM...if you want the lift and you are further then you would have to pay my fuel to get there.  I can get any pics that you want of the tires/wheels/lift.  The lift may need new shocks but that is it (shocks are good but it looks like the bushings are a bit shot).  The lift handles well and takes sharp turns well too.  I only want it gone because this is a tow rig and I don't want 35's for that....anything less than 4" needs a 33" tire (unless I go skinny tires).  I don't want to tow with the auto tranny with this type of tire...although the tranny could take it, I just don't want to put the extra wear on it.

The lift is still on the truck so I can't exactly separate anything.  If I have the money to lower it and buy rims/tires then I will update on if I can separate.

Located in Lakeside, AZ.  I can go as far as Phoenix, AZ or as far as Albuquerque (sp?), NM.  If you are around that type of distance let me know and I can work with you.  If you are anywhere between Lakeside, AZ and Houston TX then I can easily work with you.  My mother lives in Houston (I am originally from TX) and I go there about 3-4 times a year...extra time to sit in one spot for a while (while the lift is swapped out) is not a big deal.

So what it comes down to...you get the 5.5" lift, 35" tires with 90% tread, Eagle Alloy rims for about $800.  That is the trade price...if I take the lift and tires off the price will definitely go up.  The lift (new) is around $1,200 and the tires (each) are about $200.  I haven't looked up the price of the wheels new yet.  Overall, the lift and tires (completely new) would be about $2,000.
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2011, 01:34:36 PM by 89toy »
He who dies with the most toys...still dies.

fade

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -9
  • Male Posts: 1,018
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
damn to bad your not closer, my boss is wanting to lift his truck, he has brand new shocks and bushings on his leafs, and 16x7 d window wheels with 85-90% 285/70 mtrs. good luck with trade/selling
96 horunner 3.4 elocker armored
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

89toy [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
dang, how far are you?

I will put up picks tomorrow for anybody interested.  The pics will (naturally) be what you truck would look like with the wheels/tires/lift combo.  All the pics are on my work computer... :lipsrsealed:

fade

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
haha im over on the oregon coast, so a good 1600 miles away probably.
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

fade

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
lil to far for his truck to make it, he just had a coil pack go out, i replaced it seems to be like another one going.
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

89toy [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
haha im over on the oregon coast, so a good 1600 miles away probably.

Dang, one of those times I wish I was in Oregon!

89toy [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
picture of the lift while on the truck and also of the wheel/tires.  These will also come with the lug nuts since the wheels are not hub centric.
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2011, 09:17:20 PM by 89toy »

89toy [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile

89toy [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
Still here...still making me use a 6" drop hitch...

There we go...I will throw in the drop hitch with the trade!!   :biggthumpup:

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,644
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
Still here...still making me use a 6" drop hitch...

There we go...I will throw in the drop hitch with the trade!!   :biggthumpup:

io thought about doing the same with my ford 6" lift with 35 would love to get better mpg
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

04 Tacoma 33s http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61454.0
jmoffroad.com

89toy [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
I thought it would have been easy to get rid of the lift and go back to a factory height but apparently I was wrong.  I'm thinking I will have to take it off myself and sell the parts later.  I have my fingers crossed for just a bit longer though!

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 306
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
Good Luck with that.

89toy [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
yeah, we'll see...

89toy [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
A deal is in progress...

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
take it off sell it on ebay itll sell fast
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

89toy [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
take it off sell it on ebay itll sell fast

I guess that is what I don't get about this.  I thought it would sell on e-bay pretty quick but nobody around this town is wanting to trade (except for 1 now) and it is way below what I would sell everything for!  If nothing pans out with this trade then I will just buy all the lift parts I need to return to a factory height (although with a leveling kit) and just sell everything on e-bay. 

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours