Author Topic: oil pan  (Read 3096 times)

Fireimp141

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 786
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
oil pan
« on: Jan 13, 2005, 06:34:37 PM »
I have an 86 4runner... ifs, and im in the process of rebuilding the motor. I got all the bolts out and come to find out... i think i have to take off the front long axle or the tranny... which i wanna take the tranny off to put my marlin 1200 in, but the guy thats helping me dont really wanna cause of it being hydrolic, it is hydrolic right? well anyways, im just wondering the easiest way to get this off, or if it would be easier to drop tranny. thanx :beer:
86 Toyota 4runner, 33X12.5-15 Aurora RT/02's on Series 97 15X10 rock crawlers, 3" performance body lift, Rancho RS5000's... Soon to be Marlin 1200 Clutch, tube bumper front and rear, nerf bars and roof rack... future plans include SAS 5.29's detroits!

I am the Amazing Turtle! and I'm awarding you 49 points, increasing your Turtle Points!

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Re: oil pan
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2005, 07:11:30 PM »
not sure what it is your trying to ask. how to get the motor out? how to get the trans out? how to get the clutch out?  :dunno:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Fireimp141 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2005, 08:10:55 PM »
How to get the oil pan off, like the title.
86 Toyota 4runner, 33X12.5-15 Aurora RT/02's on Series 97 15X10 rock crawlers, 3" performance body lift, Rancho RS5000's... Soon to be Marlin 1200 Clutch, tube bumper front and rear, nerf bars and roof rack... future plans include SAS 5.29's detroits!

I am the Amazing Turtle! and I'm awarding you 49 points, increasing your Turtle Points!

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2005, 08:23:08 PM »
How to get the oil pan off, like the title.

Ok,OK  :smack:  so now you know how I got my name!  :haha:  :down:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Fireimp141 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2005, 08:24:23 PM »
lol ok so you gonna answer the question? geez its like a step by step with this kid!  :yupyup:  :beer:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2005, 08:37:22 PM »
You might have to take off the front axle assembly, if you cant manuever it enough.  I'll look at my truck tommorow.  I dont remember having any problems though
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Fireimp141 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2005, 08:40:25 PM »
Yah, its just too big to fit front or rear... but if it comes to taking something off, im taking my tranny off... cause that way i cant put my new clutch in. If i take the front axle off its just wasted work, unless i reseal and clean and stuff... But!! i do have this cranking noise when i hard turn left coming from the right side in 4wd, so i might need to look at that :-\\ wow... time for whole truck rebuild :-\:_order:  :_order:  :beer:  :beer:  les do it!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2005, 09:20:39 PM »
While you're at it, just do the SAS :thumbs:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Fireimp141 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2005, 06:45:49 AM »
I really wish that i  could, but right now i dont have the supplies to do it :rivers: and i also need my truck back up and running soon because its becoming a hassel.

geardriven

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 86
  • Male Posts: 14
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2005, 08:05:39 AM »
I would pull the front third member if I were you.  In this order, pull the swaybar, front DS, and undo the inner ends of the front axles. Instead of undoing the mounts to the frame, unbolt the third member from the mounts leaving the mounts on the truck.  The third member can then come out giving you plenty of room to remove the pan.  Nothing has been unsealed either, so no cleaning needed!  I had to do it last weekend, and it wasnt too bad.  Just my  :twocents:
I need a job.

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8428
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2005, 08:14:25 AM »
Loosen motor mounts, raise motor, pull pan. What's so hard?
Once you get the pan loose unbolt oil strainer before you pull the pan.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

geardriven

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 86
  • Male Posts: 14
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2005, 08:29:24 AM »
And yes the clutch is hydraulic but you can leave all the hydaulics in place and not worry about them when you pull the tranny.
I need a job.

Fireimp141 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2005, 02:55:25 PM »
We might try to ubolt motor... that would be pretty easy. Also, thanx for hydrolic info... imma do it myself this weekend. :thumbs:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2005, 02:57:34 PM »
when i did my front assembly, i posted instructions for removal and install in the tech section under the category for 91 trucks.  I dont know if they will help if you decide to go that way, but they are there

-Ronald Reagan

Fireimp141 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2005, 03:24:44 PM »
Alright, appriciate it  :beer: