Author Topic: Been lurking for a while, I think I should introduce myself.  (Read 3101 times)

mannysouza

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
Hello, I have been a member to the forum for a year since last Roundup. I have a Geo tracker with Toy axles. Here is a picture.

Thanks Marlin for American Made quality parts :smooch:

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 67
  • Male Posts: 470
  • Member since Oct '09
  • The Buddhas ridin shotie
    • View Profile
 :thumbs: hello and nice rig  :thumbs:

I've got a single picture of your rig going up an incline, shows a good upper 3/4 view from the back. I fancy the way you did your top "exo" bar and tucked it at the B pilar.  Looks clean simple and effective  :beer: :turtle3:  :turtle3:

1994  4Runner w/ full doors

My hands are dirty cause i drive a yota

mannysouza [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
Thank you for the comment. I know the cage is not the strongest but weight is a serious problem with about 80 hp on tap. I would like to see that picture if possible.
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2010, 05:23:42 PM by mannysouza »

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 67
  • Male Posts: 470
  • Member since Oct '09
  • The Buddhas ridin shotie
    • View Profile
I liked your cage because it would keep the top of my runner off the trees. At the same time it isn't so bulky. Heres the picture i was talking about before. Probably dl'd it off pirate, saved it to my ideas folder. Looked like the perfect start to my idea of a perfect rack.

And heres another i found. I liked the dimple panel allot here. Would help me save my rear quarter panels on the runner and it looks  :boobs:

what kind of power device does that thing rock?
Is it streetable?
And for reference, how big are your MTRs?
How are you linked?

Sorry if im getting a little personal or some  :pokinit: but I have had that picture and never new anything about the rig. Always really liked the setup.
 :beer:

1994  4Runner w/ full doors

My hands are dirty cause i drive a yota

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
 :welcome: II  :turtle: I've been looking at those for a future project. :thumbs: :yesnod:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

mannysouza [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
The cage has really been holding up. Some one even hit and run me and not a mark or anything noticeable. Just some missing rattle can paint. The cage is tied into the body everywhere. The body is really strong so this just added to it. I'm not a fan of exo cages but with how small this truck is and the extra protection made the exo a no brainer. I did try to keep it light as possible. I also didn't want it to look like a jungle gym. In my eyes it is what I wanted. The dimple die panels have proven really durable for being 16 gauge metal. They have some dings but they were really hard hits from the con. 

It is street legal minus mirrors and a front plate. We drive it everywhere. I do trailer it to the trail but I put a couple hundred miles a week on the street. It has the stock 1.6 liter engine. Stock engines last even though I have been throwing the idea of a 3rz swap. The tires are 35". the link setup is a modified Trail Slayer kit from Trail tough. All the links are the kit except the lower links which need to be replaced that are bent up pretty bad. All the shock mounts are the custom home made variety just like the cage.

I do have a buildup on Pirate in Suzuki forum. Search exo kick.

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 1,271
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
 :welcome: Nice rig
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
i love oregon wheelin.