Author Topic: Dynex TV?  (Read 1261 times)

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
Dynex TV?
« on: Oct 17, 2010, 12:28:07 AM »
Does anyone have a Dynex TV?  If so what do you think of it?  I am thinking of purchasing one tomorrow.  Thanks.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
Re: Dynex TV?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2010, 04:43:51 AM »
If its cheap... its made cheap.

Look at the Hz rating the higher... the crisper the picture.

My Sanyo 42" LCD 1080p is only 60Hz.... so its low. but it still looks AMAZING with Blu-Ray and HiDef! It cost me $633 @ Walmart.

Sony, Visio, Sanyo, Panasonic, Phillips are your good quality ones. read reviews.... and try not to go with a Plasma TV. they dont do well usually outside of like basements and they dont like to have a picture "freezed" for very long at all or you'll burn an image into the screen very easily.

:beerchug:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2010, 06:53:23 PM »
Hz doesn't have anything to do with the picture QUALITY, it has to do with refresh rate of the picture.

There's such a thing as "off brand" and then there's WAY off brand. I'd stay away from those tv's personally.. I deal with tv's on a daily basis and have seen the good, bad and ugly.  

Stick with a name brand and you won't be taking it back every month or so because of defects. I personally like Sony, Samsung, Vizio (which is an off brand of samsung) .. Philip's which is a Magnavox, Pioneer or Panasonic's are good as well. Stay away from RCA, JVC, Daewoo, Polaroid... some of the other real cheap brands.

Personally speaking Vizio is a great television for the price and has amazing picture quality. If you have a local Costco or Sams Club purchase it from there, you can take it back for up to two years no questions asked and if they don't carry that specific television anymore they'll pay you out in cash to purchase another television.

Good luck, if you do decide to purchase the television anyways post up your results!  :)

On a side note to THK as well, i'd steer clear from Plasma's. Yes they have high contrast and will give a very bright vivid picture but are extremely HOT and suck up lots of energy. Some (not all) are pretty heavy too!  although they're thin they can still weigh in excess of 100lbs. Any new Plasma you purchase you typically don't have to worry too much about burn in on the screen because they have a setting in the menu that can clear most burn in, considering you havn't left it on a still picture for 24hrs+
Plasma is dying technology and LCD/LED is a much better alternative with more rewards to counter act the disadvantages.
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

topar [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2010, 08:31:20 PM »
Well Dynex is the Best Buy store brand apparently.  I read several reviews on them and they all said good things except one guy who's TV did not work as soon as he took it out of the box.  Most folks said the sound needs improving and that was there only complaint.  I have a stereo I am running sound through so this should not be a problem.  I went ahead and bought it today.  Its a 46" LCD HD TV.  got it and a 4 year warranty along with the HD hook up cable for just over $700 its in the store for $599 sale price.  I hooked it up and was able to watch about 15 min then had to come in to work.  Tomorrow I will hook up stereo/playstation.    My last TV was a 26" sanyo that I bought in 1990.  It was in 3 apartments in Hi. Two houses in Fl.  and now in Va.  It lasted many years and lots of major moves for such a cheap TV, however it has not worked in just over 2 months now. So I can also say I am off work Monday & Tuesday  anyone will be able to find me I will be the guy with wide eyes in front of the TV.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2010, 08:58:16 PM »
Hz doesn't have anything to do with the picture QUALITY, it has to do with refresh rate of the picture.

There's such a thing as "off brand" and then there's WAY off brand. I'd stay away from those tv's personally.. I deal with tv's on a daily basis and have seen the good, bad and ugly. 

Stick with a name brand and you won't be taking it back every month or so because of defects. I personally like Sony, Samsung, Vizio (which is an off brand of samsung) .. Philip's which is a Magnavox, Pioneer or Panasonic's are good as well. Stay away from RCA, JVC, Daewoo, Polaroid... some of the other real cheap brands.

Personally speaking Vizio is a great television for the price and has amazing picture quality. If you have a local Costco or Sams Club purchase it from there, you can take it back for up to two years no questions asked and if they don't carry that specific television anymore they'll pay you out in cash to purchase another television.

Good luck, if you do decide to purchase the television anyways post up your results!  :)

On a side note to THK as well, i'd steer clear from Plasma's. Yes they have high contrast and will give a very bright vivid picture but are extremely HOT and suck up lots of energy. Some (not all) are pretty heavy too!  although they're thin they can still weigh in excess of 100lbs. Any new Plasma you purchase you typically don't have to worry too much about burn in on the screen because they have a setting in the menu that can clear most burn in, considering you havn't left it on a still picture for 24hrs+
Plasma is dying technology and LCD/LED is a much better alternative with more rewards to counter act the disadvantages.

Very good points.

can you tell me what you think of the Sanyo HDTV LCD DP42849? It's what I have.
I double it as my TV and my PC monitor.
Well Dynex is the Best Buy store brand apparently.  I read several reviews on them and they all said good things except one guy who's TV did not work as soon as he took it out of the box.  Most folks said the sound needs improving and that was there only complaint.  I have a stereo I am running sound through so this should not be a problem.  I went ahead and bought it today.  Its a 46" LCD HD TV.  got it and a 4 year warranty along with the HD hook up cable for just over $700 its in the store for $599 sale price.  I hooked it up and was able to watch about 15 min then had to come in to work.  Tomorrow I will hook up stereo/playstation.    My last TV was a 26" sanyo that I bought in 1990.  It was in 3 apartments in Hi. Two houses in Fl.  and now in Va.  It lasted many years and lots of major moves for such a cheap TV, however it has not worked in just over 2 months now. So I can also say I am off work Monday & Tuesday  anyone will be able to find me I will be the guy with wide eyes in front of the TV.

Rock on, let us know what you think of it.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13