Author Topic: 2009 Lone Star Land Cruiser Round Up - NOW WITH VIDEO!  (Read 7142 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
2009 Lone Star Land Cruiser Round Up - NOW WITH VIDEO!
« on: Mar 23, 2009, 02:05:58 PM »
Hey guys!!

Marlin had a great last week by visiting his aunt, uncle, and cousins in Florida and by stopping off in Texas on his way home for the 2009 Lone Star Land Cruiser Round Up!

Marlin has some catching up to do, so it might be about a week before he can get in a full trip report, but until then, check out the event pictures from our online photo gallery below! The gallery is also accessible through our Online Picture and Video Gallery link.

I am going to get Marlin to add captions to the pictures in the gallery from his Trip, but again, it might take a week or so but for the time being please enjoy the :snapshot: Just click on the title of the Lone Star Round Up trip below:

<a href="http://www.marlincrawler.com/sites/all/ssp_director/flash/gallery_as3.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.marlincrawler.com/sites/all/ssp_director/flash/gallery_as3.swf</a>
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2009, 05:47:18 PM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

DavidW

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Great Pics!

orangefj45

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
hey mike.
greenfox and myself stopped at startbucks last night after dropping off your pop at the house. you were way too entrenched in your work to notice us so we just chuckled and took off.
  :moon:
georg @ valley hybrids

Marlin

• Inspirational Genius
  • Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 856
  • Member since Sep '02
  • MC³ = 1,148:1
    • View Profile
    • Marlin Crawler
It turns out that Big Mike and Misato were at Star Bucks last night until 10:00 PM.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Could not of made it home witout you guys and the bad ass Dodge.

Next time I hear of 40+ mile winds blowing across the desert, I will give you a call so we can go on a road trip.
Remember to check that air filter.

Marlin

1980 Toyota - 1997 3RZ-FE 2.7l Engine, Turbo R151F 4.31:1, Triple Turbo Marlin Crawler Billet (2.28x4.70x4.70) = 1,148:1 Crawl Ratio, Marlin Crawler Twin Stick and Short Throw Shift Kits, 30mm H/D Output Shaft, High Angle Drive Lines, 5.29:1, ARBs, High Pinion Front, 25mm HD Billet High Steer Kit, 6 Pin Locking Hub Bodies, 86+ Wide Rear End, V6 3rd member, Chromolly Axles all around, 37" IROKs with Beadlocks, York onboard air - Rollbar air tank, Premier Power Welder, Marlin Crawler 4" USA-made Leaf Springs, Bilstein Shocks, et cetera....

wanabecruisen

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
Great Pics! I had a great time at the Roundup and it was great to meet you again Marlin. I was honored to have you wheel my rig and to have the opportunity to learn from the master! Sorry we held you up sooo long out on the trail - it's hard to get them piggy's through some of that terrain! Hope we get the chance to wheel together again real soon!

Jordan7118

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,105
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
Great pics! Just went through them all! Truly awesome! Looks like you helped at least a dozen people with their breakdowns. You're the man!!!  :beerchug:

84ToyLady

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
Awesome pictures Marlin.  It was great to meet you - thanks for signing stuff and taking pictures with us I only wish I could have got to wheel with you -- maybe next time!

4rox

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 115
  • Male Posts: 122
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling in texas
    • View Profile
Hey guys!!

Marlin had a great last week by visiting his aunt, uncle, and cousins in Florida and by stopping off in Texas on his way home for the 2009 Lone Star Land Cruiser Round Up!

Marlin has some catching up to do, so it might be about a week before he can get in a full trip report, but until then, check out the event pictures from our online photo gallery below! The gallery is also accessible through our Online Picture and Video Gallery link.

I am going to get Marlin to add captions to the pictures in the gallery from his Trip, but again, it might take a week or so but for the time being please enjoy the :snapshot: Just click on the title of the Lone Star Round Up trip below:

Thanx Marlin for letting me give you the tour of "The Toyolet".You've probably have seen a billion 350 swaps in your time but you took the time out to look at mine .I hope to do the duel t-case swap as soon as money permits.I feel blessed to have met/hung out with another toyota fanatic.See you on the trail someday. Later...Manny.
I'd rather push a Toyota than drive a Jeep!!!

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 33
  • Male Posts: 719
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
The Fj?? in the gallery is amazing. Is that a Fj55?

woody

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 91
  • Member since May '02
  • IH8MUD
    • View Profile
    • IH8MUD.com
GREAT pics Marlin!  Thanks again for coming out to the RoundUp...as you discovered, it's a truely special event!

And I appreciate all the help you provided to the participants, including me with the CV driveshaft...it worked perfectly!
Brian 'woody' Swearingen ~ IH8MUD Inc.

Diesel42

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Male Posts: 1
  • Member since Mar '09
  • Have Truck, Will Travel
    • View Profile
Wow!

I didn't realize I was hosting a legend....  :yupyup:

When we had to return to the house (I had forgotten my event cash), Marlin and Rob had my FJ60 up on a floor jack and the wheel off in the time it took me to run in and out again.  They freed up the rusty tie rod with some Canadian Jigaloo and a hammer.  Next thing ya know, ol' Sparrow had tight steering and the wheels moved when you turned the wheel.  Very cool.

Thanks Marlin!
Mi casa, su casa (my home is your home)
Happy Trails!  N
Nick Stone
BJ42 "BJ"
FJ60 "Sparrow"
Lone Star Land Crusiers
TLCA Administrative VP

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
mmm REAL BBQ !!   :yumyum:

dhondagod

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Thats gonna hurt.....
    • View Profile
Marlin was very warmly welcomed in Texas and treated like a king... Yet being Marlin he would stop and help ANYONE who needed it anyways...

Thanks to Marlin for being that special person that we all love and admire... Glad you had a good time!  :usa:

Chris and Susan  8)

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Finally put the video of Marlin's short speech up :thumbs:

It's only on YouTube for the time being, I will get it copied to our server as well soon :crossed:
YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pDbUFv5cJw

Enjoy :popcorn:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5pDbUFv5cJw&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5pDbUFv5cJw&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

clutchee

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
Marlin, well I got to meet you & Mike in CA with Chris & Susan........ You gave me a card saying see ya at the Round Up.

Well I brought the card & you showed :clap:

Marlin you truly are selfless.... :usa:

See you soon!

Marlin

• Inspirational Genius
  • Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 856
  • Member since Sep '02
  • MC³ = 1,148:1
    • View Profile
    • Marlin Crawler
Thanks youall for the kind words,
I really had a great time. Can't wait till next year to do it all over again.

Thanks to all, its what I enjoy doing.

Malin
1980 Toyota - 1997 3RZ-FE 2.7l Engine, Turbo R151F 4.31:1, Triple Turbo Marlin Crawler Billet (2.28x4.70x4.70) = 1,148:1 Crawl Ratio, Marlin Crawler Twin Stick and Short Throw Shift Kits, 30mm H/D Output Shaft, High Angle Drive Lines, 5.29:1, ARBs, High Pinion Front, 25mm HD Billet High Steer Kit, 6 Pin Locking Hub Bodies, 86+ Wide Rear End, V6 3rd member, Chromolly Axles all around, 37" IROKs with Beadlocks, York onboard air - Rollbar air tank, Premier Power Welder, Marlin Crawler 4" USA-made Leaf Springs, Bilstein Shocks, et cetera....