Author Topic: 4WD Safety Clinic at Hollister Hills May 16 &17 by Esprit De Four  (Read 1973 times)

awsumfn

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 2
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
 :welcome:
May 16th, 17th
September 19th, 20th

Esprit de Four 4WDC of San Jose is proud to present its continuing series of off road driving classes. 22 years and going strong! Classes are scheduled for 2009 at the Hollister Hills SVRA in Hollister, CA. Hollister Hills is about an hour south of San Jose.

Who can attend? Our courses have been specifically designed for the novice driver. More experienced drivers also benefit from the classes as we cover new improvements in 4×4 technology and techniques every year. New drivers with a STOCK off road vehicle will be shown the rigors of off road driving in a friendly and helpful environment. Students come away from an ED4 safety training clinic with a newfound understanding of their own vehicle and its capabilities. Our students give us high marks. Students often attend year after year and bring friends.

What do we do? Your day begins with some classroom instruction conducted by some of the most experienced drivers within ED4. This is followed a hands-on live demonstration training! Your group then has time for Lunch to talk with Staff and your trail lead. (this BYOL bring your own lunch).

Synopsis:
Our Hands-On Safety Clinic consists of: classroom instruction, two guided trail tours, and one-on-one guidance through several exercises. Virtually all four-wheel drive vehicles (trucks and sport utility vehicles) and all levels of driver-skill are welcome (and have been through our clinic). Students must provide their own lunch but on Saturday, for a reasonable price, students will have the opportunity to enjoy a BBQ dinner and talk with the instructors and club members after Saturday’s class.

For more information: http://www.espritdefour.com/clinic

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
Will the Upper Ranch be closed for this event?

Flyinbrick

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Feb '09
    • View Profile
At this point, its not closed, however area 5 will be closed.

You should check with Hollister's website for updates though http://www.hollisterhills.com/index.html
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2009, 02:17:15 PM by Flyinbrick »

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
You should check with Hollister's website for updates though http://www.hollisterhills.com/index.html
I would, but they don't update their site.

toyotajoe

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 268
  • Member since Aug '03
  • IM HERE FOR A GOOD TIME NOT A LONG TIME
    • View Profile
I would, but they don't update their site.

I normally call the number for the front office. 831-637-3874
04 F-350 towing my 84 x-cab on 37's

I would rather put ifs on my truck than buy from Trail Gear

toyotajoe

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 268
  • Member since Aug '03
  • IM HERE FOR A GOOD TIME NOT A LONG TIME
    • View Profile
:welcome:
May 16th, 17th
September 19th, 20th

Esprit de Four 4WDC of San Jose is proud to present its continuing series of off road driving classes. 22 years and going strong! Classes are scheduled for 2009 at the Hollister Hills SVRA in Hollister, CA. Hollister Hills is about an hour south of San Jose.

Who can attend? Our courses have been specifically designed for the novice driver. More experienced drivers also benefit from the classes as we cover new improvements in 4×4 technology and techniques every year. New drivers with a STOCK off road vehicle will be shown the rigors of off road driving in a friendly and helpful environment. Students come away from an ED4 safety training clinic with a newfound understanding of their own vehicle and its capabilities. Our students give us high marks. Students often attend year after year and bring friends.

What do we do? Your day begins with some classroom instruction conducted by some of the most experienced drivers within ED4. This is followed a hands-on live demonstration training! Your group then has time for Lunch to talk with Staff and your trail lead. (this BYOL bring your own lunch).

Synopsis:
Our Hands-On Safety Clinic consists of: classroom instruction, two guided trail tours, and one-on-one guidance through several exercises. Virtually all four-wheel drive vehicles (trucks and sport utility vehicles) and all levels of driver-skill are welcome (and have been through our clinic). Students must provide their own lunch but on Saturday, for a reasonable price, students will have the opportunity to enjoy a BBQ dinner and talk with the instructors and club members after Saturday’s class.

For more information: http://www.espritdefour.com/clinic

My dad has been a lomg time member of this club. We have been at both ends of the clinic from the fist time he took the class many years back. I have seen everything from a stock SUV/4x4 up to a mildly built rig. I have helped out alot with this class and is a fun time just to meet/talk to the newbys to four wheeling family.

Joe
04 F-350 towing my 84 x-cab on 37's

I would rather put ifs on my truck than buy from Trail Gear