Author Topic: Who wants to buy me this?  (Read 1397 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Who wants to buy me this?
« on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:01:28 PM »
 :disturbed:  These have been one of my favorite bikes since they came out, and I could never understand why Honda stopped making a bike that worked well and seemingly took a step backward with the 1000rr.  I guess I'd have to drop around 30 pounds to make things a little more interesting   :wink2: 

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281004 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Who wants to buy me this?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:31:20 PM »
How much is it, I send you a check. :nana:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:32:01 PM »
With every fiber of my being...I want to but you that. BUT, want in one hand and...
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:36:32 PM »
You get to wantin and I'll get to...  wait, that sounds kinda gross.  I guess I'll just hafta come up with the money I don't have.  He wants $4500, so I guess that only leaves me needing about $4492!

Seriously, my addiction to pitching it sideways through corners may end quite abruptfully and painfully on a bike with around 50 more hp than mine while weighing about the same  :yikes:  Pipe dreams are fun though  :gap:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:41:08 PM »
Well, put me down for $2...Woweeeeee, only $4490 to go!

If you're gonna dream about crap you can't afford, might as well dream about crap that you really can't afford. Me...LCE has a 4cyl capable of 1500 hp...only 22 grand.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:52:19 PM »
$2, that means I'm like... wait a minute... half way there  :headscratch:  Nah man, I gotta keep my pipe dreams realistic and somewhat attainable.  If I really wanna dream big, I may as well shoot for a benelli tornado or a top of the line ducati  :drooling:
RIP KYOTA

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:59:26 PM »
Is/are Bimoto(s) still around?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2009, 08:36:26 PM »
I'm not totally sure, it seems to vary month to month  :haha:  Seriously, they've switched hands and gone away then come back so many times, you never really know if they're around or not.  It's been a few years since I kept up on it, but it seems like they were using a suzuki or aprillia v-twin in their own chassis last time I checked.

Looking at the local craigslist I saw one of my dream dirt bikes for sale, one I'll hopefully add to my collection before I die! 
http://redding.craigslist.org/mcy/1026954083.html
RIP KYOTA