Author Topic: Honest, Officer, I was only fishing!  (Read 2034 times)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Honest, Officer, I was only fishing!
« on: Jul 04, 2008, 12:57:30 PM »

A 2,000-hp Outboard - 04/11/2007

Here's the latest drug runner toy from Europe. This thing can reportedly scream across the English Channel at 60 knots with a full load of fuel and...whatever. The story goes that the British Coast Guard was so astonished by the speed of the unknown boat when picked up on radar that they brought in a special high-speed helicopter to chase it. We're told that the craft was designed with low profile and painted black to make it difficult to spot on the water. Allegedly drugs were found on board when they caught it.

The story began late last year when Spanish authorities conducting anti-drug smuggling operations seized a number of boats sold by a British company and reported their use to UK customs officials. The craft were allegedly used to smuggle drugs from Northern Africa to Southern Spain. The company was a front for supplying high-speed inflatable boats to illegal drug merchants, advertising them as high-speed, uncatchable craft that have a "low radar signature." (As in "flying below radar" we assume. Guess the druggies had never heard of radar "sea clutter.")

According to our sources, an enterprising British boat dealer was finally arrested in England. Evidence presented during the man's trial this year indicated that he was making secret deals for boats like the one pictured between 30 ft. and 60 ft. long, costing as much as $680,000, and featuring up to eight 250-horsepower engines that enabled them to haul grass at speeds up 60 knots.

BoatTEST.com would like to do an official performance test on the boat, but unfortunately our calls have not been returned.

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/view_news.aspx?NewsID=19
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Honest, Officer, I was only fishing!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2008, 01:14:11 PM »
Doesn't everyone set their downriggers for 60 mph?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

porkchop

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 630
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2008, 02:16:08 PM »
Have to move a lot of grass just to buy gas for that guzzler
85 TRUCK AUSSIE IN FRONT LINCON AROUND BACK MARLIN 4" SPRINGS UP FRONT WITH 63 CHEVYS ON BACK. REBUILT 22R WITH CRAWL CAM AND FEW OTHER THINGS NOTHING HUGE JUST WAITING TO GET PROPANE ON IT. RUNNIN 35'S M/T WITH MY LONGFIELDS 30 SPLINE SUPER AXLES. 4.7's IN T-CASE AND ON THE WAY WITH DUAL CASES. FULL HYDRO WITH TG ROCK ASSULT PUMP AND 2 X 6 AG RAM

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2008, 08:19:33 PM »
I can't imagine trying to sync all those bitches  :thud:

Good thing they don't use evinrude/johnson.  They'd be stopping to repair or swap out motors so much they'd get caught for sure!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2008, 10:37:49 PM »
I can't imagine trying to sync all those bitches  :thud:

Good thing they don't use evinrude/johnson.  They'd be stopping to repair or swap out motors so much they'd get caught for sure!
:funny:

:rofl: