Author Topic: Law & Order SVU  (Read 1450 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Law & Order SVU
« on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:08:44 PM »
Any fans of the show or other Law & Order series?

I noticed at the beginning of the episode I'm watching that it said, "Inspired by a true story..." and then was the normal fictional story garbage.  It made me curious what story they would have that was inspired by truth.  It turns out a strange old man gets his entire "package" cut off.

:shudder:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Law & Order SVU
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:09:51 PM »
Nope
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:40:37 PM »
guys gets package forcibly removed? how about John and Lorena Bobbit.

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:45:53 PM »
i watch it and others, aslo watch the CSIs too....  It doesn't necessarily mean it was based off a high profile case, but they usually are... could be any case really....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:53:19 PM »
guys gets package forcibly removed? how about John and Lorena Bobbit.

Nope, turns out the guy is actually nuts and kept women in a basement and forced them to marry him.  One of them did the removal and eventually killed him.  Strange story as usual.  I'm always impressed with how creative the writers are without going over the top like ER where every show is the greatest!
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:56:14 PM »
while it is fiction, they are based on real stories... there are some sickos out there in this world
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2008, 08:18:18 AM »
I watch it, not like Gray's Anatomy, but SVU is the best of the Law and Order shows.  Last night it was a new one, Elliott was on away assignment so that left Olivia to take the show away.  Was crazy, 24 victim murderer was murdered, then the FBI Agent that killed him was going to stand trial for his death, then committed suicide :yikes: Totally bizarre episode fo sho. 
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2008, 11:45:17 AM »
I watch it, not like Gray's Anatomy, but SVU is the best of the Law and Order shows.  Last night it was a new one, Elliott was on away assignment so that left Olivia to take the show away.  Was crazy, 24 victim murderer was murdered, then the FBI Agent that killed him was going to stand trial for his death, then committed suicide :yikes: Totally bizarre episode fo sho. 

I would agree that it was an interesting show last night.

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2008, 11:54:09 AM »

It was a good one though
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2008, 11:54:52 AM »
It was a good one though

Actually i take that back there are better ones but it was still good...
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!