Author Topic: dang reffs  (Read 989 times)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
dang reffs
« on: Oct 06, 2007, 04:29:14 PM »
OU beat Texas today 28-21 dangit. great game expecially since almost all of Texas's linup is freshman or red shirt freshman or sophmores. only thing i didnt like was a few calls by the reffs.
1. obvious personal foul by OU after a penalty had been called and the play was over. sacked the quarterback in open field (play had been over for about 4 seconds) and was in plain sight. reffs didnt call it.

2. deleting the last 4 seconds at the end of the 4th quarter so Texas couldnt make one final play.

overall very well played and good sportsmanship from both teams and respect from the crowd when the Texas defensive player broke his arm/elbow. the cotton bowl should be interesting the next 2 years since these same guys will be playing each other.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: dang reffs
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2007, 04:37:51 PM »
Ahh, a trip down memory lane. I remember the riots, bar fights...and all the tradition of Texas/OU weekend in Dallas.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

red [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2007, 10:16:55 PM »
haha its a blast, shame i cant be there this year :rivers:

on another note, USC lost and LSU (still #1) beat Florida tonight. LSU vs. Florida game was GOOD!!!! came down to the last minute.

USAF EOD tech

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2007, 10:35:56 PM »
haha its a blast, shame i cant be there this year :rivers:

on another note, USC lost and LSU (still #1) beat Florida tonight. LSU vs. Florida game was GOOD!!!! came down to the last minute.

Considering they were a 41 point favorite...they got beat bad.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

red [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2007, 09:09:41 AM »
i think USC was overrated this year because they keep falling apart when they're on the road. look at last weekend when they played washington and barely scraped by at 24-21 but had 16 penalties and an unknown number of personal fouls. they should have wiped out washington without a problem but USC just cant keep it together when their on the road.

USAF EOD tech