Author Topic: soo, where did fall go?  (Read 3386 times)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
soo, where did fall go?
« on: Sep 24, 2007, 11:18:39 PM »
we had snow last night!! didnt stick here in Tooele, but go up a little bit higher in the mountains nearby and its still there.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8461
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
Re: soo, where did fall go?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2007, 11:54:25 PM »
We have fall here now. 50's during the day & high 30's at night. I have leaves everywhere. It did snow over 6000 ft last week in the mountains
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2007, 11:54:47 PM »
gloabal warming
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8461
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2007, 11:55:42 PM »
We had more snow than usual here last winter.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

bmxicanrivera

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 137
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2007, 08:52:21 AM »
I find that kind of funny, because it hit 115* in Phoenix this last week. I haven't seen a day with a high of les than 100* in months.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2007, 09:00:10 AM »
no kidding...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2007, 09:15:54 AM »
gloabal warming

:shake: you did not go there. That is the biggest farce ever to be pawned off on the world population. The earth is not static, everything changes and weather fluctuations are perfectly normal pattern in the evolution of the earth.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #7 on: Sep 25, 2007, 09:21:07 AM »
:shake: you did not go there. That is the biggest farce ever to be pawned off on the world population. The earth is not static, everything changes and weather fluctuations are perfectly normal pattern in the evolution of the earth.

Diane you crack me up  :haha: :clap2: :clap: :joke: :talkingn: :hahaha:

:imwithstupid: 
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2007, 09:22:49 AM »
I find that kind of funny, because it hit 115* in Phoenix this last week. I haven't seen a day with a high of les than 100* in months.

That's because you live in hell. It gets pretty hot here in Tucson, the highest I've ever seen it here was 119*...but, I have never been anywhere as hot a Phx. When we have 30 days over 100* Phx will have 60 days of over 110*...like living in a crock pot but without the benefits.

It's 72* right now, with a high of 93* expected. Personally, anything under 105* is pretty nice when you have 6% humidity.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2007, 09:33:35 AM »

Blasphemer!    You mean to say you don't participate in the politics of panic? You don't believe the oceans are going to swallow New York City?  You don't think evil wicked man is destroying Mother Earth by our evil, selfish carbon feasting?

Cool...me neither!
I heard this guy...Bjorn Lomborg ( http://www.amazon.com/Cool-Skeptical-Environmentalists-Global-Warming/dp/0307266923 ) on the radio the other day. I'm going to order his book. He's an environmentalist, he believes man has warmed the earth...but, he thinks it's no big deal. He sounds pretty reasonable to me. (so he must be whacked out!)
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2007, 09:48:25 AM »
it snowed here last week and has been frosting hard everynight since then

Drew
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

red [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 25, 2007, 10:33:08 AM »

well, technically the earth is warming. but like you said it is just the earth going through another cycle. the belief that its caused by humans is pure bulls**t. besides, anybody who takes all gore and those wackos seriously needs to look at what their doing to help the change to alternative forms of energy. nothing. i'm all for bio fuels and renewable energy such as fuel from algae (which can be done with a MUCH better yield than bio fuels from normal plants like corn) and wind/solar for homes/businesses. gore's "carbon credit" program, you pay money for how much carbon you put out, reminds me of the catholic church in earlier times. "pay us enough for each sin and you will not burn in hell!!!" sounds familiar doesnt it?

back on topic, weather is now like fall. 30ish at night, 50-70 in the day. strange for me being from texas, those kinda temps are usually the middle of winter where i'm from haha.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 25, 2007, 11:06:25 AM »
It's typical fall here in FL. Low 70's-mid 80's. Nothing different.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 25, 2007, 11:09:26 AM »
Blasphemer!    You mean to say you don't participate in the politics of panic? You don't believe the oceans are going to swallow New York City?  You don't think evil wicked man is destroying Mother Earth by our evil, selfish carbon feasting?

:yupyup:  I call it Chicken Littleism. LOL

Where is the Mammoth?

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sep 25, 2007, 05:23:02 PM »
Blasphemer!    You don't believe the oceans are going to swallow New York City? 

I'm not entirely sure that would be a bad thing :dunno:  As long as SF went under as well.

I had ice on my windshield on monday morning :woohoo:  Its about 40* when I get up.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #15 on: Sep 25, 2007, 06:17:58 PM »
I saw snow once....

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2007, 06:38:04 PM »
I lived in NJ most of my life. I've seen enough snow to last me a lifetime.

Where is the Mammoth?

fatt_matt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -3
  • Male Posts: 545
  • Member since Mar '07
  • jeeps and toys can get along
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sep 25, 2007, 06:57:30 PM »
i wish it was fall.. i miss it..
Jeep

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sep 25, 2007, 07:02:34 PM »
That's because you live in hell. It gets pretty hot here in Tucson, the highest I've ever seen it here was 119*...but, I have never been anywhere as hot a Phx. When we have 30 days over 100* Phx will have 60 days of over 110*...like living in a crock pot but without the benefits.

It's 72* right now, with a high of 93* expected. Personally, anything under 105* is pretty nice when you have 6% humidity.

Yopu couldn't pay me to live in Pheonix!!!!!!!! :shakehead:  The only good thing is being closer to F.j. and T.M. for some kick-ass wheelin!!!!!

I think we might have hit 100 a couple times this summer.  Been really nice past couple of weeks. :biggthumpup:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sep 25, 2007, 07:15:35 PM »

Yopu couldn't pay me to live in Pheonix!!!!!!!! :shakehead:  The only good thing is being closer to F.j. and T.M. for some kick-ass wheelin!!!!!

I think we might have hit 100 a couple times this summer.  Been really nice past couple of weeks. :biggthumpup:

Tice...who is Yopu?  Is he some obscure Mayan deity? An why would he try to pay you to live in Phx?

:biggthumpup:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #20 on: Sep 25, 2007, 07:28:01 PM »

Cool...me neither!
I heard this guy...Bjorn Lomborg ( http://www.amazon.com/Cool-Skeptical-Environmentalists-Global-Warming/dp/0307266923 ) on the radio the other day. I'm going to order his book. He's an environmentalist, he believes man has warmed the earth...but, he thinks it's no big deal. He sounds pretty reasonable to me. (so he must be whacked out!)

I have a copy sitting right here on my coffee table.  It is a fantastic book.  He has a new one coming out this year as well.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sep 25, 2007, 07:35:18 PM »
Tice...who is Yopu?  Is he some obscure Mayan deity? An why would he try to pay you to live in Phx?

:biggthumpup:

Damnit I need to learn how to type better, sad thing is I'm sober, I haven't had a beer in three days!!!!!!!! :gap:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sep 25, 2007, 08:51:13 PM »
I have a copy sitting right here on my coffee table.  It is a fantastic book.  He has a new one coming out this year as well.

I'll probably get it ordered this weekend.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

bmxicanrivera

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 137
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sep 27, 2007, 09:02:30 AM »

Yopu couldn't pay me to live in Pheonix!!!!!!!! :shakehead:  The only good thing is being closer to F.j. and T.M. for some kick-ass wheelin!!!!!

I think we might have hit 100 a couple times this summer.  Been really nice past couple of weeks. :biggthumpup:
Tell me about it. I miss the weather in Cochise County!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #24 on: Sep 27, 2007, 09:08:26 AM »
Ha, ha I love it, weather don't bother me hot, cold warm, humid, dry or whatever, it don't matter to me. My truck doesn't have A/C, well it does have it but it doesn't work.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you