Author Topic: Anything for Hilux?  (Read 13030 times)

~tc~

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
Re: Anything for Hilux?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 08, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »
Your IFS front looks the same as mine.

Looking on the ARB air locker application chart, you need the 1.1"
http://www.arbusa.com/alac/215110.pdf
'93 4Runner, V6/MT ARB's, armor, 33's, no lift!

President, CO Chapter TTORA www.cottora.org

ariman [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jul 09, 2007, 06:18:39 AM »
Your IFS front looks the same as mine.

Looking on the ARB air locker application chart, you need the 1.1"
http://www.arbusa.com/alac/215110.pdf

There might be one difference, my truck has manual hubs, 4runner has ADD?
TC, are You running ARB in front too? I'm concerned 7,5" reliability with ARB, thats why i'd been looking after more forgiving TT.
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2007, 06:30:12 AM by ariman »

Bazzi

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 97
  • Male Posts: 1,095
  • Member since May '04
  • From Reykjavik Iceland...
    • View Profile
    • R&T
« Reply #32 on: Jul 09, 2007, 04:12:45 PM »
damn you have way to many worries boy. I talked to someone at out local arctic trucks. and he told me that your truck has 7,5" front = same as the older models and 8" rear = same as the older models...

I donīt know about your gears but you could raise one wheel and count how many turns your drive shaft takes against how many the wheel does.

You already know you have the r151 trans and behind that probably sits a normal chain driven t-case... or it has the old turbo t-case with 23-splines.??? there is some info on the main page of marlin crawler about how to Id your t-case. I would look that one up.  I was suggesting that you contact arctic in norway because I know the have all the info for your truck and I know that you speek finish you should be able to figure out the norwegian....
But if you whant top quality part that you can relhy on I would suggest directing your busshness to marlin.
But you should realise that diffs arenīt stronger than the person that sets them up.
about the locker. I basicly have no idea what you are talking about I would just look it up after the 8" or 7,5" category.....

I hope that you find some of that info helpfull.  And I wish you best of luck with your truck.

with regards Bassi
4runner body on a hilux frame = Hi-Runner.
 2,4 dti duals 2,28 x 2,28 to 8" 5.71 with arbīs  and 39,5" trxus
gathering parts for my goal which is
350 Chevy 700r4 auto to 2.28 x 4.70  and 4.88 9,5" cruisers diffs,diamondaxles and cable lockers, 44" richard cepecs

~tc~

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jul 09, 2007, 07:17:35 PM »
On these earlier trucks, ADD and manual hubs are essentially the same. ADD has splined flanges that engage the axle and the sliding passenger side stub axle to disengage the diff.

IMHO, ARB locker does A LOT to prevent damage to the small front diff. Since you have pure traction, you can take obstacles slower and the wheels won't spin up when they leave the ground like they do with an open diff or LSD. You DO need to pay attention if the wheel may be bound up, but that situation is a lot more controllable than the wheel off the ground situation...
'93 4Runner, V6/MT ARB's, armor, 33's, no lift!

President, CO Chapter TTORA www.cottora.org

ariman [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jul 10, 2007, 08:03:36 AM »
Thanks guys, this has been helpfull :)
There is still one thing confusing, whats the difference with these kits and wich one fits mine?

MC-14652, IFS 4Cyl Front Setup Kit
 MC-14653, IFS V6 Front Setup Kit

Redbeard1

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 54
  • Male Posts: 414
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
    • Project Pete
« Reply #35 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:02:35 PM »
Hey guys i am an american living in the Philippines and i have a 01 hilux 4door mine has a 2.8L diesel a 151f tranny and a 23spline geardrive transfercase that is all factory equpiment  so but my friend in Queensland, AU has the same truck accept for it being a right hand drive and it has the taco transfercase both of them are built within 1 month of each other mine being the newer of the two.. so it is my guess that the older stuff and the newer stuff are still being mixed mine has a 8inch rear and had a 7.5 ifs in the front before i did a sas on it with nissan patrol 13_ ??mm high pinion( this nissan is the same axle housing  found in the 80 - 100 series Land Cruiser but the spline counts are different on the axles but r&p inter change even though the third member looks a little different mesure ments are all the same +/- .008)  the truck did have factory 4.88 gears that was a plus i am planning put tirple cases in it there is some great wheeling in the philippines... volcanoes are really cool to wheel on but the ash is like quicksand... get it out quick or you will loose it for ever
If you dont stand behind our Troops... you can stand infront of them...
Project Pete==> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=43370.0
85 Toy: Built 22re, locked F, spooled R, 5.29's, R151F, MCO7 duals, Sky x-member 37 MT/R's on jack stands  

RIP Bobby Long

Redbeard1

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 54
  • Male Posts: 414
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
    • Project Pete
« Reply #36 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »
Ok, so some of those DO look very tacoma like, but still seem to have some differences. 
Careful with your assumption dan, I seem to remember reading that the tacomas were built only for the us and other countries got different trucks altogether. 

you are both right they are a mix of the taco parts and the older 3rd gen trucks on a frame just like an american issue lets say 1994 coz i have one and i have and i have compaired pics and mesurements and the front half of the frame on the 2001 and the american 1994  are the same same parts and if you have a ryt hand drive you can still use the high steer kit minus the knuckle arm  you will have to use some from and AU company like big balls motorsports or some where like that
but the trucks are easly converted to left hand drive i did mine in about 3 days with a donor half cut from gaum...
If you dont stand behind our Troops... you can stand infront of them...
Project Pete==> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=43370.0
85 Toy: Built 22re, locked F, spooled R, 5.29's, R151F, MCO7 duals, Sky x-member 37 MT/R's on jack stands  

RIP Bobby Long