Author Topic: is my tps bad?  (Read 954 times)

mcg_916

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
is my tps bad?
« on: Jun 15, 2007, 09:32:48 AM »
so i adjusted my tps all according to this http://4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/TPS/index.shtml and everything checked out fine except for test #5 my resistance was always at 8000 ohms no matter where i oriented the tps or the throttle, and after i adjusted everything according to that site(except test #5) my truck now runs worse... and also when the engine gets warmed up it starts to do this :pokinit: where the engine will stutter. i dont know how else to describe it, say every second or two the engine will feel like it dies, then come back. so i guess i have 2 quetions, is my tps bad? and what is the other problwm with my engine(if its not the tps as well)?

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: is my tps bad?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2007, 09:42:52 AM »
Your tps is not adjusted correctly or your idle speed is too high.  It'll run then cut, run then cut.  Drop your idle down then go back and double check your tps.  The way I've done it is to insert the proper feeler gauge, slowly rotate the tps till you get a deflection in the needle on the ohm meter and set it there.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

mcg_916 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
Re: is my tps bad?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2007, 07:35:55 PM »
correction, when i do test #5 i get 10000 ohms no matter where i move the tps or the throttle, it is suppose to be between 3000 and 7000 ohms, so i dont know wha tis going one here... PLEASE HELP