Author Topic: So i got this elocker housing shipped to me and it was damaged?  (Read 1397 times)

robrub00

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -231
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Apr '05
  • One Day Ill be actually driving my toyota!
    • View Profile
working on pics.
  i bought this housing from a 89 toyota that was modified for a elocker( good deal and I dont have thwe tools to do it my self.  well the guy that shiped it didnt pack the studs wll enough or take them out  and the studs got bent!!( i hope the threads arnt damaged on the housing now.  the screwd out so i think they are ok) any way when i opend up the package there was this wier tube made of metal and had like a t look to it.  il try and add pics later cuz im at work.  i looked inside the axkle ans saw a identical one in one of the tubes of the axle so i then realized it was suposed to be in the other side.  Soooooo. my question is what is it called?  and what years are interchangeable.  i was going to stop by the junk yard and grab one out of a axle that has the third already pulled.  i know my description sucks.  i imaging it is some kind of guide for the inner axxles.  they must have thrown the package around to get that thing to pop out!!!!!!  again the axle has 2 of them the fit inside the axle closest to the diff section off the axle and runs sleeved inside the right and left axletube.  sory my tech vocab sux  pics to come soon

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
If you are talking about the piece of sheetmetal T thing, it is an oil deflector or baffel used to keep the oil in the center section.

robrub00 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -231
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Apr '05
  • One Day Ill be actually driving my toyota!
    • View Profile
yeah thats it!!!! i got 2 new ones at the junk yard today with some new rear inner axles 120 total.  hope that was a good deal!!! lol  that answers my question.