Author Topic: organ doner?  (Read 1061 times)

saltyYota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
organ doner?
« on: Mar 04, 2007, 10:34:53 AM »
i found a 80-81 pick up i can get for next to nothing. thinking about towing it home and swapping knuckles onto my '79 frontend, and maybe even theowing the 20r back in my truck. the question i have regards the axles, should i try to find something newer (85ish) or will my housing be ok once trussed and re-re built?

8D3TOY

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: organ doner?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2007, 11:27:10 AM »
I think it would be better to rebuild and truss your front end it will be stronger than just the factory trussing, but get that other one for next to nothing and part it out on here so it wont get wasted and the guys who really need and can use the parts will get them.

saltyYota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2007, 11:54:46 AM »
cool, i need the knuckles fr sure, and most likely everything else in the front end for spares but any thing else will go here

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »
some people actually prefer the earlier axles = if u truss the top of the axle u really dont need one on the bottom. This increases ground clearance under the axle tube....thats the idea anyways
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco