Author Topic: saddam hussein is executed  (Read 5002 times)

BikerTrash

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 207
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
Re: saddam hussein is executed
« Reply #30 on: Dec 31, 2006, 09:45:14 AM »
I am shocked, Not even one person here has mentioned that the only reason he has been hung is because of Dubyas illegal war that he started over lies about WMD's. Not one person has said that no man has the right to kill another man regardless of that has happened in the past.

THANK GOD. :biggthumpup:

Now my thoughts on the death by hanging of sadam....

What took so damn long? And why hanging? hell if you do it right (which they aparantly did) it is a fast nearly painless death. They could have atleast "miss calculated" the drop needed so that he would have been strangled to death by the rope, somethign to make him share in the suffering he has caused with his miserable life.

wow, I guess still nobody has protested his death here.  :gap:

« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2006, 09:51:21 AM by BikerTrash »
There is a fine line between clever and stupid, I just wish I knew when I crossed it.

84 4runner
02 Suzuki V-Strom
95 Honda 1100C1
06 Ram 2500 4x4
(please note, listed in order of preference)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Dec 31, 2006, 10:52:26 AM »
Well Sir, I think you and I would get along great. If I ever meet you I will be sure to buy you a beer. I feel there should be no "death row" death row in my opinion should be the f***ing hallway from the court room to the firing range. Once you are convicted there are no appeals, there is no waiting, hell you don't even get to see the prison again. I cant think of how to PC type the rest of what I want to say so...

Kevin

:thumbs:  swift justice, no dicking around!

And why hanging?

Quite simply, because that's how they carry out the death penalty in iraq.  They don't have multiple methods to be contested by the bleeding hearts, just one simply, cheap way!

Our system gets even more frustrating when it hits closer to home.  I know a guy who killed a girl I also knew.  He was 17 when he did it, so the judge refused to charge him as an adult.  Stupid.  Took forever to finally go to trial, kid was found guilty without a doubt.  He tried denying it, but he burried her up in the hills, and the way they found her was from a friend.  He slipped up and told the friend he killed her, and told him where he burried her.  Friend's girlfriend relayed this to the pd, said they could get them within 100 yards of the body.  There you go, no doubt he did it.  He'll probably be up for parole before he gets too old, and his mind is already super messed up but will be worse after being in prison for so long.  Can we say future serial killer kiddies?!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Dec 31, 2006, 11:01:45 AM »
Quite simply, because that's how they carry out the death penalty in iraq.  They don't have multiple methods to be contested by the bleeding hearts, just one simply, cheap way

Interesting point you bring up, i've heard that it takes around 1 million dollars to execute someone in the US.

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!   Thats 1 with six 0's after it!!

Just to give justice to a lowlife POS with no morals. Why not get back to the basics in the US?

R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Dec 31, 2006, 11:20:16 AM »
Death penaltys cost so much money in the United States not because of the actual execution it's self, but because of the overwhelming amount of appeals one must go through before they are executed.  It is cheaper to let someone live the res of their life in prison than to execute them.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Dec 31, 2006, 11:37:42 AM »

Our system gets even more frustrating when it hits closer to home. 

I can totally relate to that Nate. I have an ex boyfriend on death row (we had not be dating for over three years when he commited the crime)
In a drug induced rage he stabbed a grandmother (the grandmother of his friend, he was staying at her house) and strangled one of her granddaughters (before raping her). The other granddaughter witnessed it but for some reason he didn't kill her or her brother.
When he was arrested it he confessed right up front. There was absolutely NO doubt as to his guilt, and yet he STILL gets to go through this appeal process and 8-10 years later he is STILL sitting on death row!
It is just ridiculous!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

rockcrawlinredneck

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 404
  • Member since Jul '06
  • 1st Gen's rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Dec 31, 2006, 12:41:19 PM »
  It is cheaper to let someone live the rest of their life in prison than to execute them.

I call BS. I will do the job for free. I will use my very own Glock .40 cal. a box of rounds is real cheap. So they don't have to pay a salary, they don't have to pay for the weaponry, all they have to pay is a box of rounds that will take care of 50 scum bag's. I don't mess around, 1 shot 1 kill. I would say it would be cheap to KILL'EM ALL.

Kevin

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Dec 31, 2006, 12:56:03 PM »
I call BS. I will do the job for free. I will use my very own Glock .40 cal. a box of rounds is real cheap. So they don't have to pay a salary, they don't have to pay for the weaponry, all they have to pay is a box of rounds that will take care of 50 scum bag's. I don't mess around, 1 shot 1 kill. I would say it would be cheap to KILL'EM ALL.

Kevin

It takes a lot more then owning a glock to do the job.

You got a dog?  Next time it  does some thing bad, walk it out side look it in the eye and cap it.  If you can do that and not sweat it my friend you will never be an executioner.   I did not mistype the sentence I did mean to say " If you can ".

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Dec 31, 2006, 01:39:06 PM »
rockcrawlinredneck, I don't think you read my post correctly.  The execution its self is NOT more costly than living a life sentence but the appeals EVERY death row inmate gets are what make death sentences more expensive. 

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Dec 31, 2006, 05:45:43 PM »
Weren't his boys both blown up?  Sweeeeeeeeet!

To all the people who feel we should forever house heartless tyrants and murderers, why?  It's often said that it's more of a punishment to them if they're kept alive in a cell, but the problem with that is how many people we now have just merely occupying space.  Space that could be better used trying to teach a lesson to less violent offenders, people who potentially stand a chance of being turned around.  Why should we keep somebody alive who's undoubtedly ruthlessly killed another peron/people?  If there's no shadow of doubt, kill them. 

:clap:  :thumbs: 

Dead on to me!!

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Dec 31, 2006, 06:21:17 PM »
see my thing Nate is that I am against the death penalty because people are executed sometimes that are innocent.  I know saddam was guilty without a shadow of a doubt but it's an all or nothing thing.  Alot of these innocent guys were proved guilty in court only later to be proven innocent, now were they not proven guilty without a shadow of a doubt?  Yeah they were but the prosecutor, or the police or the csi or someone messed up somewhere and now someone innocent is dead.  I am against state run death penalty but I am not against vigilante justice.  If someone killed or raped someone in my family I would kill them and everyone who read about how it would be done would say I am a sadistic psychopath.  If I was on a jury I would not convict someone for doing something like that.  Sadly people are convicted of getting revenge.  I think it is better to let 1,000,000 guilty men go than kill one single innocent man.  People may disagree but wait until you are that innocent man.  On the space issue,  that holds no ground to me and I have driven throughout most of this country and trust me, we are not hurting for space and over populated yet. 

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jan 01, 2007, 12:43:44 AM »
On the space issue,  that holds no ground to me and I have driven throughout most of this country and trust me, we are not hurting for space and over populated yet. 

Not sure exactly were you've "driven throughout"  but I have family that work in numerous jails/prisons that can definently tell you different.

Can you give some hard facts as to how many innocent men have actually be executed?

I know you'll probably say "one is enough"  but i'd like to get some fact on that.

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jan 01, 2007, 01:32:30 AM »
http://www.aclusonoma.org/death_penalty.html

I'm not a big ACLU fan but here is some material on it.  I did not know the number of innocent people executed but I did know that Illinois put a hiatus on their death penalty after some over whelming evidence came out that they killed too many innocent people.  Also, I have driven from kansas city missouri to las vegas, kansas city to atlanta and las vegas to sacramento so I know for a fact there is not a problem with over populating in the U.S. sure our cities are over run with people but that is a small area.  Yes our jails are packed but that is mainly from non violent drug offenses, not from murders, rapists, child moplestors etc.  Also, with only around 1,000 people executed since 1976 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_the_United_States that hardly seems like a good defense of the death penalty as "over crowding" in the prisons.  With around 2.2 million people in our prison system 1,000 is a pretty small number (that's since 1976) not even large enough to notice, so using the death penalty as a defense for taking care of our prison over crowding is not a very good arguement.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jan 01, 2007, 06:34:49 AM »
Funny you should say that about the space thing motorider. I heard on the radio that a mere 2% of the US is developed land. Sure a bit of that may be rocky mountains, and desert, but a good portion is state and national forests as well as just open land.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

tufsurf

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 68
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jan 01, 2007, 07:25:58 AM »
Good bye maddaS, ok, so load up the troops mission accomplished!

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,059
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Jan 01, 2007, 08:31:28 AM »
The bottom line is that the world is a better place without him.  If he were left alive someone would have to waste their lives guarding him.  Who wants to pay for that?

While the idea of keeping him alive to be tortured sounds like a "fun" idea, in the end it would only have a negative effect on the people that acted on their urge to abuse another human being.

Personally, I believe that we all will stand before God and have to answer for our actions so I don't need to worry about the amount of punishment he receives.

1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Jan 01, 2007, 09:46:41 AM »
With around 2.2 million people in our prison system 1,000 is a pretty small number (that's since 1976) not even large enough to notice, so using the death penalty as a defense for taking care of our prison over crowding is not a very good arguement.

I believe the reason this number is so low is because of the way US handles execution, its ridiculous. As stated in an earlier post, cost is around 1 million just to execute one person. This typically includes alot of legal fee's. The question is would this number of executions be larger if it was just a matter of the judge saying "your guilty" immediatly followed by the person sitting on the hot chair, getting zapped and that is that. No paper work other then taking them out of the social system.

I'm not looking for execution to be the answer for everything, I just feel that these "stage 3 and 4" style prison's would be alot less crampt if the proper people were put to rest. Obviously if a guy/gal's been convicted of petty theft they should sit in a cell and think about what they've done but the people who have repeadadly raped, murdered numerous victums should not have a foot to stand on....

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Jan 01, 2007, 09:53:22 AM »
should not have a foot to stand on....

This sounds like a form of punishment practiced in the Middle East.

Just to play to "devil's advocate" do we really want to have our justice system modeled after the middle eastern countries?     
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Jan 01, 2007, 10:08:50 AM »
Just to play to "devil's advocate" do we really want to have our justice system modeled after the middle eastern countries?

:dunno:  Opinions vary I suppose... Depends on who you ask.

I just feel there's a much less complicated way to get rid of the bad and filter through the good.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Jan 09, 2007, 11:44:21 AM »
I happened upon this video today on Fox News' site...his neck is seriously boogered up.

http://video.google.com:80/videoplay?docid=-233844812484249985
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Jan 09, 2007, 05:01:34 PM »
I happened upon this video today on Fox News' site...his neck is seriously boogered up.

http://video.google.com:80/videoplay?docid=-233844812484249985

:crazy:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Jan 09, 2007, 07:01:13 PM »
This sounds like a form of punishment practiced in the Middle East.

How about the old biblical teachings?  An eye for an eye, and so forth?  you commit petty theft, you lose a finger, you comit a felony theft, you lose your hand.  You sexually molest, assault, abuse someone, you whack off another appendage.  You are the person responsible for the massacre of thousands of people, you get hung :thumbs:

:dunno: sounds fair to me. 

Our problem with our justice system is that there really isn't a whole lot of punishment.  I think less people would be inclined to have the death penalty if the rest of the punishments were taken seriously.  As a society, we're so concerned about prisoner's rights,  that they wind up in a better situation than many people.

Overcrowding?  I don't see a problem with 2 inmates sharing a 10x10 cell.  :dunno:  (there are problems wtih cell size in CA right now :stopit: )  hell, I don't care if you put 4 guys in there.  its not supposed to be like a luxury suite at a hotel. 

Personally, I would be much less inclined to use the death penalty if prison life was harder, and people were afraid of going back.  Before anyone says I don't know what its like, I know 2 different people and have heard a 3rd speak that have been in the CA prison system.  All three said that it was a joke.  One of them went back to prison because he didn't have to work, and he got  good food, cable, and a bed to sleep in.   
I'm thinking chain gangs, work teams, 4-6 guys in a cell, no TV, no porn, nothing

If they want to read, give them a Bible.  If they don't want that, give them whatever religious book of their choice.  If they don't want that, give them a dictionary so they can at least learn something.

Its sad when our military deprives men of more during boot camp than our prisoners get deprived of. 
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2007, 07:06:44 PM by BLACKDOG »
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Gewehr43

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 348
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Toyota>>Jeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Jan 10, 2007, 09:49:44 AM »
I think he should have been tied up so that the locals to beat him to within an inch of his life then throw him solitary.  Let him recover and do it again for the rest of his life. Death Penalty can be useful, but it it was more or less an easy way out for him.  His needed to suffer

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Jan 10, 2007, 04:28:56 PM »
I think he should have been tied up so that the locals to beat him to within an inch of his life then throw him solitary.  Let him recover and do it again for the rest of his life. Death Penalty can be useful, but it it was more or less an easy way out for him.  His needed to suffer

I think this idea has been posted previously, but I'm not positive.  I agree that this type of punishment sounds "fun" and appropriate, but I'd be willing to bet that treating someone like that would have nothing but negative longterm affects on society.  Mistreating people would dull senses and over time create "monsters".  Being desensitized to violence isn't a good thing.

Speaking of capital punishment, have you heard that there was a guy executed in the electric chair where the chair broke down and they took him out and laid him on the floor until they fixed it and then finished killing him.  Another guy survived his first trip to the chair, it must have malfunctioned, and several years later got it again.  Can you imagine the terror he must have felt knowing he was going to get it twice.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Jan 10, 2007, 04:47:26 PM »
Can you imagine the terror he must have felt knowing he was going to get it twice.
he probably deserved it 50 more times
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Jan 10, 2007, 05:00:11 PM »
he probably deserved it 50 more times

His lawyers actually tried to "save" him by saying that just because he wasn't killed, he was still executed.  The Supreme Court ruled that imposing the same punishment again was different that convicting someone for the same crime twice (Double Jeopardy).

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Jan 15, 2007, 02:44:59 PM »
Oops!

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Saddam_Hussein

His half brother lost his head over the whole hanging thing...I wonder if his name was Chad.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)