Author Topic: Urban wheeling?  (Read 7171 times)

Weldo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 101
  • Male Posts: 454
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Use what you can, make what you can't.
    • View Profile
Re: Urban wheeling?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 10, 2006, 08:48:17 PM »
That's not considered to be Urban Wheeling when it is on a prepared course.

Oh, I see.  I thought it counted as urban because all obstacles were man made.
Welders Hold the World Together!

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Nov 11, 2006, 07:55:26 AM »
all :bs: aside  IT is possible 2 URBAN WHEEL  with out being a mall crawler.

mall crawler = clean truck  lifted chrome  and OMG A PUDLE let me get my jacket 2 lay over top the puddle.

Urban crawler is is a lifted truck   owned buy a resourceful driver who sees rocks and hills  where  parking bumpers loading docks  are  even tho i have never seen "urban crawling" i can picture it

Who would want to though.  All this will eventually do is give wheelers a bad rap.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Nov 12, 2006, 11:11:33 PM »
all :bs: aside  IT is possible 2 URBAN WHEEL  with out being a mall crawler.

mall crawler = clean truck  lifted chrome  and OMG A PUDLE let me get my jacket 2 lay over top the puddle.

Urban crawler is is a lifted truck   owned buy a resourceful driver who sees rocks and hills  where  parking bumpers loading docks  are  even tho i have never seen "urban crawling" i can picture it

Regardless of the resourcefulness, it is still going to cause problems.  most of it is private property, so unless you have the permission of the owner, it is trespassing.  Then, the marks left behind by are eyesores (tire marks, oil spills, broken glass from rolls (don't laugh, I've seen it :stopit: )  etc)  Just like the skateboarders, who stain concrete benches and ledges with their soap and stuff :dunno:  I really don't see the point of urban wheeling anyway, its pretty much a big flex contest, thats all :dunno: 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 59
  • Male Posts: 256
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Soon to be shorter and slower :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Nov 16, 2006, 09:02:19 PM »
Just like the skateboarders, who stain concrete benches and ledges with their soap and stuff
:talkingn: I think you mean wax. Sorry thats just funny to me being a former skate boarder.

As for urban wheeling, I think it's a lot like street racing. Is it a bad thing? Yeah. Is it gonna stop? Not likely.
'82 on 35's, not much else.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Nov 16, 2006, 09:38:09 PM »
:talkingn: I think you mean wax. Sorry thats just funny to me being a former skate boarder.

As for urban wheeling, I think it's a lot like street racing. Is it a bad thing? Yeah. Is it gonna stop? Not likely.

:werd:

:dunno: all the skaters around here used soap, it was cheaper and did the same thing 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Nov 17, 2006, 07:31:45 AM »

I have to disagree.  In a lot of places they have banned skateboarding in public places.  Skateboarders still do it, but not to the extent they used to.  If they get caught, they can be cited or even arrested.

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 59
  • Male Posts: 256
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Soon to be shorter and slower :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Nov 18, 2006, 12:07:32 PM »
I said it's like street racing, not skateboarding. If you get pinned with a "racing" ticket, you can expect thousands of dollars in fines and even lose your liscence for a year or two. People still do it all the time.
'82 on 35's, not much else.

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Nov 19, 2006, 12:43:27 AM »
Well, at least with Rockwells I know I am somewhat prepared for this latest fad.

Wonder if I am that noticeable or not...?

lol....
mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Nov 19, 2006, 06:54:38 AM »
Sounds like a really bad idea and a good way to get locked up.  Heck because of my type of work I only wheel on designated 4x4 trail or on private property that friends own and allow wheeling on.  I could not imagine trying to wheel at wallmart.

Ebbs15

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -27
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Drink'n in Korea
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Jan 14, 2007, 06:03:46 PM »
Up here it's a drive to get to any "trails" so alot of people wheel the construction sites and snow dump sites...  there is actually some pretty crazy stuff there... as long as we're not distroy'n equipment or tearing up newly landscaped areas the cops just tell us to becarefull...  Yeah it's not as nice as the real trails up here... but you can't wheel those in the winter... so it gives us something to do to pass the long 8 months... as well as curb our hunger durring the long work week till we can go up on a weekend... but I haven't had any cop say to stop... though we did have about 20 cops show up one night at the snow dump sight... but I think they were just try'n to make a drug bust cause they came in guns drawn and :pokinit:... I was like... DAMN... they must own Jeeps  :shocking: :gap:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jan 14, 2007, 06:14:54 PM »
Never heard much about urban wheeling.  Sounds like they were giving you a line of crap.  Sounds like they watch too much of "Jackass".

Any Jackass is too much Jackass.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)