Author Topic: is it worth it?  (Read 2913 times)

Doosty

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 43
  • Male Posts: 92
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
is it worth it?
« on: Jan 08, 2007, 10:51:14 PM »
sooo guys here is the deal... a friend of mine had a 1996 250 duly.. mindt condtion. not one scratch on it.. but no bed.....  he wants around $2500 for it.. its low kms.. maybe 30 thousand if that... it was used for delivering wood for a lumber company in town befor they shut down.. i was thinking if its worth gettin and puttin a box on it/gettin a trialer.. or just extending and building a bed for it.. with slide out ramps to trailer my truck and w/e else it could be handy for?  ill try to get some pics soon.
You Haven't Seen Cold Till You Lived Here

FIREBALL

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 190
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Hi Ho Marlin....u talkin to me
    • View Profile
Re: is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2007, 08:50:43 AM »
Sounds like a good deal as long as the yard clowns didn't beat it when it was a delivery. I wouldn't try and set it up to haul your rig "on" it though. An F250, even a dually, isn't going to carry that much weight safely. It will tow it no prob though. If you can't find a good deal on a bed you could always build a flat bed for it and add some tool box's for storage.

Mega Baby Huey

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:34:02 AM »
THIS IS KINDA OFF TOPIC BUT...
NY DAD BOUGHT AN F-250 OFF ON EBAY. AND BEFORE HE GOT IT THE IDIOTS TOOK IT OUT FOR ONE LAST MUD BOGGING TRIP! TOOK HIM A MONTH TO GET ALL THE MUD OUT OF IT! BUT HE DEMANDED $1000 OFF THE PRICE AND THEY TOOK IT! SUCKERS
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2007, 06:52:55 PM »
THIS IS KINDA OFF TOPIC BUT...
NY DAD BOUGHT AN F-250 OFF ON EBAY. AND BEFORE HE GOT IT THE IDIOTS TOOK IT OUT FOR ONE LAST MUD BOGGING TRIP! TOOK HIM A MONTH TO GET ALL THE MUD OUT OF IT! BUT HE DEMANDED $1000 OFF THE PRICE AND THEY TOOK IT! SUCKERS

STOP YELLING !!! :yikes:

:usa: :beerwhack:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

Mega Baby Huey

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2007, 07:55:56 AM »
STOP YELLING !!! :yikes:

:usa: :beerwhack:

I WORK AT A CIVIL ENGINEERING PLACE AND ENGINEERS ALWAYS TYPE WITH CAPS ON! IT'S WHEN I DONT CAPITOLIZE MY WORDS THAT I'M YELLING! :yesnod:
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2007, 08:54:36 PM »
I WORK AT A CIVIL ENGINEERING PLACE AND ENGINEERS ALWAYS TYPE WITH CAPS ON! IT'S WHEN I DONT CAPITOLIZE MY WORDS THAT I'M YELLING! :yesnod:

STOP YELLING!!  WE'RE NOT AT A CIVIL ENGINEERING FIRM

Doosty, sounds like a good deal to me, as long as like fireball said, that the lot guys didn't hammer on the truck.  :dunno:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile