Author Topic: Where to find propane cylinders?  (Read 2076 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Where to find propane cylinders?
« on: Dec 15, 2006, 10:56:21 PM »
edit: I'm super pissed!  I just wrote the whole story of why I need a propane tank, then as I was nearly done my keyboard somehow decided I shouldn't post and highlighted and deleted the thread by itself.  Sucky!

Anyway, long story short:  CAMPORA forked me over, leaky tank, they won't come out for less than 100 gallon purchase, lady had super shitty attitude and repeatedly called me a liar. 

I need to find a decent side propane cylinder, minimum 20 gallon but would rather 30+.  Anybody know where I can buy one for a reasonable price?  I'm very low on propane right now, so I need to get one this weekend.

There is a possible silver lining though.  I spoke to the rental property place and the lady said that she's had problems with the same lady at campora, said she was a pregnant dog with her too.  She said she'd call, talk to her supervisor and see if there's another option.  She called me back shortly, told me the supervisor was an even bigger richard and said that even if I did come in today and sign up with them that they wouldn't come out till monday.  Why?  Because of my attitude!  What attitude?  I very politely told the lady that I wasn't too confident in the ability of her company due to her poor attitude (because she was being super defensive and kept calling me a liar).  I was never rude or condescending, which I can't say about her, so all they have to go on is the fact that I pointed out the obvious.

Anyway, she called the owner of my house, explained the whole situation to him and I guess he got pissed.  She said he was going to call them and chew them out himself, and if they didn't get a better attitude then he'd make them come get their tank.  It's nice to know that they've got my back, especially after all the bull crap I went through moving in here, with having to clean the pot encrusted ice layer of ice out of the freezer after they "cleaned it" 3 times already  :shake:

Sooooooooo..........where can I get a cylinder? :gap:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Where to find propane cylinders?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2006, 11:08:59 AM »
Well, I put an ad on craigslist late last night looking for a propane cylinder and got two hits this morning.  First one told me of a store about 30 miles away selling them.  Second was somebody with a 50 gal tank, said to call.  I called but got a busy signal, so I emailed back with my cell #.  They called a few minutes later, gave me directions to their house, about 5 miles away, and said come get the tank.  When I asked how much he wanted he said "Just come pick it up!".

Sweeeeeeeet :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2006, 11:16:12 AM »
I take it do 2 gals size  it's for your house and not truck.

any propane supplier will have tanks  rent or sale.   
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2006, 11:22:19 AM »
Yup, house.  There's a 250 gallon tank here already, but I refuse to give them any money after dealing with their shitty customer service!  50 gallon should last me a while, and if there's any left when I leave I should be able to barbecue for the next 10 years!

If this tank falls through, I may still get one from the people who bought my old house.  I talked to him this morning, and he said he's going to call and get a bigger tank, and would sell me a tank after that, so I may even end up with a 30 gallon backup too :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2006, 05:18:24 PM »
So I went over and got my new to me 50 gal tank, this thing is frickin huge :yikes:  I have no idea how I'm gonna move it when it's full!  It has the wrong threads though, so I'll hafta take it in monday and get a new head put on, but he also gave me a 10 gallon tank that's good, so I had it filled for a backup.  I just hope I don't hafta use it before I can get the big one filled so I'm not changing it out too soon.  If I do get the big one filled before needing to hook up the 10 then it'll end up on the bbq!
RIP KYOTA

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2006, 06:28:04 AM »
well atleast now U will  have a good tank for the 55gal drum grill u allwasy wanted....  O wait that was me  :silly:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly