Author Topic: need some help  (Read 1079 times)

meanokie

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -12
  • Male Posts: 31
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
need some help
« on: Nov 14, 2006, 03:52:12 PM »
i have an 86 4runner and today it started to flash check engine light. when i an at idle its flashes 1 time if i go about 2 Gran it flashes 11 times.when i just the plug it gives me one flash
86 yoat 4runner SR5 32x11.50x15 on 15x10 rims,H4 conversion headlights, 4.88 diffs,4 inch trailmaster lift,slider bars

rockcrawlinredneck

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 404
  • Member since Jul '06
  • 1st Gen's rule
    • View Profile
Re: need some help
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2006, 05:16:31 PM »
One more time in english. :gap:

meanokie [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2006, 06:51:18 PM »
when i drive my truck the check engine light flashes...at idle it flashes 1 time ans at 2grand it flashed 11 times
86 yoat 4runner SR5 32x11.50x15 on 15x10 rims,H4 conversion headlights, 4.88 diffs,4 inch trailmaster lift,slider bars

Oddmar

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 74
  • Male Posts: 402
  • Member since Aug '04
  • J3 Productions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »
You need to remove the dash over the instrument cluster, then after taking out the four screws holding the cluster down you can pull it forward so the back is exposed. When it's flashing, locate the appropriate socket on the rear of the cluster, and with a twist the bulb will come out. This simple procedure will correct your problem, and the check engine light Should stop flashing. Save this bulb because your high beam indicator bulb could burn out, and if it does you'll have a replacement handy.  :gap:

But seriously folks, the check engine light should'nt "flash" when you're driving, if we're understanding you right, 'quote'... when i drive my truck the check engine light flashes...at idle it flashes 1 time ans at 2grand it flashed 11 times ... The check engine light might come on to tell you something is wrong, but it should'nt flash codes at you unless you've jumpered the contacts at the inspection port next to the fuze box in the engine compartment. Definately not when you're driving. Check the port.

And if you're paying close enough attention to the light to know how many times it flashed, you're not Really driving.
The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Only when i am finished will there be peace: The peace of an empty wind as it blows across a land strewn with the bones of my enemies.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2006, 07:47:39 PM »
Check engine light on steady = minor problem

Check engine light flashing = stop driving it NOW!! Something is seriously wrong.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

meanokie [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2006, 08:17:24 PM »
when i jump the contacts at the inspection port it will only flsh 1 time