Author Topic: USFS volenteer work days.  (Read 2297 times)

LCOwner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 302
  • Member since Dec '02
  • Have you seen his shop OMG!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Cruiser Build-up page.
USFS volenteer work days.
« on: Dec 13, 2006, 11:32:43 AM »
In an email forwarded to me, originating from the Office of Greg Marks, USFS.

“If any of you individually or as a club are interested in helping in this clean up effort, please contact me or Kevin Mayer, his number is below.”

Request from Kevin Mayer

“The High Sierra Volunteer Trail Crew has tentatively planned three more clean up missions for the Forest beginning in January. I encourage all employees to get evolved if schedules allow this. This would be helping out with the clean up of old abandoned camping and resource damaged sites from this past year and other years from illegal marijuana cultivation on our Forest. The date will be listed below, I would just like to clarify to all that this request is not asking for folks to give up days off, I would like to see folks get evolved while on the clock and in duty status. Either by spot tour changing or working credit hours, or just the days normally on, this would be a tremendous help in the restoration and clean up of tons of left over debris sitting on the ground out there that is a hazard to all field going functions, especially our fire fighters as sometime in the future a wild land fire could burn these areas, and the toxic smoke, potential for exploding flammable tanks, is present with this debris left out of sight, out of mind. Then there is the harm it causes the environment, the streams, rivers, wildlife, and vegetative resources. So please, if you have time in your busy schedules to get evolved, help out in any way possible, we can make a difference and get this junk removed off of our National Forest. We need folks willing to hike and pick up drip line, camping materials, litter, create water bars, drag brush back across exposed soils, bag debris, load sling nets, transport debris to waste recycling facilities, bring stake side trucks and drive them, transport folks to hiking trail locations, assist in communications between folks, and a variety of other position skills needed. These volunteers are helping our Agency out by donating there free time off, no pay, no compensation's other than knowing they are doing whatever they can to make our Forest a cleaner, safer place to visit. Many of these volunteers have real jobs also, so they are giving up family time, and much more to be involved in this program, lets show our support by doing whatever we can to assist them, and out forest.

Batterson work center, work in the Lewis Creek, Calvin Crest, Sugarpine, Miami Mnt areas. January 19, 20, 21.

Auberry or Mountain Rest work center, work in the Jose Basin, Rail Road Grade, and Dawn Road area. February 23, 24, 25.

Mountain Rest or Blue Canyon work center, work in the Soaproot Saddle, Rush Creek, Nutmeg Glen areas. March 23, 24, 25.

Anyone wanting more information on this, please contact myself or your area LEO.

Winter is here, things are slowing down out there in the field, please be safe and keep the driving pace to road and weather conditions. Be safe.

Thank you.

Kevin Mayer
Patrol Captain
SSierra National Forest
kmayer@fs.fed.us
559-297-0706x4886(Office)
559-284-0170 (Cell)”
'71 FJ40, 350 TPI/420, 4.70/mini, 60's/5.38/42's, under construction.
'83 FJ60, SOA underway.  Soon to have a Police 350TBI/700R4/.....
Hill Hoppers Central Valley 4 Wheelers - Founding Member
Four Wheel Drive Club of Fresno - #1127