Author Topic: Low mile LC Engineering HO supercharger for 22r - Texas  (Read 4841 times)

dcg9381

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Low mile LC Engineering HO supercharger for 22r - Texas
« on: Jun 04, 2006, 04:35:35 PM »
Asking $1300.
Please email if you have questions - see address at bottom of post.

This is not old junk, or an ancient 1980s blower that's been on a shelf somewhere that you can't get parts to, sold in unknown condition.
This unit is the same unit that LCEngineering sells for between $2300 and $2600:  LC Engineering Supercharger for the 22r

This is the "high output" version.  Internally staked seals.  On my truck it boosts to 10-11psi by 3600 RPM.  Boost is off idle, with 3-4 psi by 1200 rpm.  The supercharger is complete, meaning you don't have to piece together a bunch of outdated parts hoping to get it to work.

Q: Can I use this on a stock 22r?
A:  Yes.  You will want to change the pulley set ($100) to decrease boost.  Otherwise, you'll need to decrease your overall compression.

Q: Does this include everything I need? 
A: It includes everything you need to get the supercharger bolted up and rotating on your motor.  You'll need to choose a carb (or EFI) to work with it.  You can use a weber 32/36, weber 38mm, Holley 500, or 40mm downdraft weber.  I am including two manifolds with the setup.  The only things that you'll need to change on your truck are a setup to do the throttle control on the carb (use a EFI throttle cable) and an electric fan.  If you want to keep a manual fan, I *think* it can be done with this setup, but you'll have to check with LC for requred parts.

Q: How much HP does it put out?
A:  I have never dyno'd it.  LC says to expect a 60% increase in torque with the *normal* output kit.  On my rig, I'd guess a 50hp gain to be conservative.  If you want peak HP, go turbo.  If you want torque - this is the bolt on to have.

Q: Will you sell the EFI?
A:  Possibly, but I don't think its a cost effective sale.  I'm willing to work with someone to get EFI setup on it.  I'm using a TBI manifold which has a slight vac leak on the throttle shaft.  Runs great and mileage is up over the carb.  I'm planning on using the EFI system for another project, but I'd be willing to talk about parting with the wiring harness and computer.  It's a bolt on sysem, 2 relays.  Wires are labeled and all done with GM weatherpack connectors. 

Q: How long does it take to install?
A: Once you have your intake manifold off, it can be installed in about 2 hours.

Q:  How do I installl it?
A:  I have an original set of instructions.  I'll help if you have questions.

Q: Anything wrong with it at all?
A: No, absolutely nothing.  Old used blowers typically clear 1k on ebay.  This one is in perfect shape and is still being manufactured (Atkins Rotary / Camden Superchargers) - it's sold exclusively by LC Engineering.

Q: Why are you selling?
A: I just bought a 1st gen 4runner.  All of the parts on my pickup swap.  The pickup is being parted out.  I'm going to a turbo for for the 4runner as the vast majority of my driving is on the street.

Q:  Will you finance, take payments?
A:  Sure, if you provide me collateral that's worth more than the supercharger.

Q: Will you ship?
A:  Yep, your dime.  I have a ton of references.  I don't rip people off.  I'll do COD if you want.

Q: Will you trade?
A: Perhaps for something I can use for my 4runner, +/- cash.  Battery isolator, v6 4.88 3rd with an electric locker.  SAS setup.  Misc parts to install 44044s and 1/2 ton chevy springs.  Onboard air.  Inclinometer.  SR5 tach, MARLIN crawl box.

Q:  Will you take $X?
A: You're welcome to make me an offer, but used junk seems to sell for quite the price on ebay.  If I haven't sold it in a few weeks, I'll be listing it on ebay without a reserve.  If you want to wait, you're welcome to do so.  I expect it to sell for more than $1300 there.

Other advice:
This setup LOVES a big carb.  You can run a 32/36 weber with larger jets, but it's down on peak power limited by the CFM of that carb.  Same thing with the weber 38mm, just not as bad.  The stock jetting of the 38mm is fine.
I never ran a 500 holley - or a 40mm weber, but I'm guessing that both would be better choices if they can be tuned to run down low.  I ran a 4.3L TBI, just shy of 500 cfm and it really woke the truck up.

I'll provide receipts for the supercharger, so you know that I'm not selling junk.  I have less than 5k miles on the supercharger total and it's deeply discounted over a new one.

I have a bunch of other photos, if you want them.  I'm leaving it in the truck for now in the even that someone wants to see it run and go for a ride.  It takes me about 1 hour to completely remove it from the vehicle.

dcg9381 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
More Q/A:

give me some details on the superchager :drooling:
mile on it?
did you buy it new?
is it on the motor now?
how much for it?
would you ship it to WA? :drooling:

Supercharger is a Camden (Atkins Rotary) Supercharger.
Camden sells through LC Engineering exclusively.
Long story on my history with it, but in short, I bought a new one.  I have receipts for it.  It's on the motor now, with EFI - I'm leaving it there until it sells in case someone wants to take it for a drive.  My motor was built for it (forged, low compression).
Asking $1300.
I'll ship it anywhere in the USA.
I have a little more than one oil change on it, I'm estimating 5k miles.  I guarantee that it's not trash, it'll boost well and it 100% serviceable by Atkins Rotary.
Now if you decide to run 10psi through a stock 22r, not my fault!  :-)

My recommendation would be to lower the boost (replace a single pulley $100) if you use it with stock compression.

For those of you that really wheel, this is THE bolt on to have.  Huge torque difference.  I highly recommend a big carb - or EFI with a big throttle body.  This thing really wakes up when you run big air through it.

If I was wheeling on a dime, I'd run propane (100 octane) with this thing as is on a stock 22r and see how it does.  It still may be too much boost, might be right on.. Not sure. 

LC Engineering WAS selling 4 of kits using this blower.
2 carb'd, 2 EFI.  Hi/Low boost versions.  Last time I talked with them (about a month ago) they had given up getting it to work with the stock EFI, as it's a "blow through" application and the rotors on the supercharger were making too much heat.  I believe they've discontinued them.  I run it with EFI - draw through - using a TBI from a 4.3L chevy.  It runs well, the quality of the GM TBI leaves something to be desired.. there is a 40mm (dual) TDM TB that would work better.  With draw through, the fuel cools and lubricates the rotors.

Will it pass CA smog?  I doubt it.  The truck is originally a CA truck.  All smog stuff has been gutted.  No cat.  I think it'd still be required to pass visual in CA.
It passes with flying colors (exempt) in TX.  Blower is not CARB exempt.

Truck is forsale at $5k, but I'd prefer to part as I can use the axles and suspension for my 4runner... All I really wanted was a cherry 1st gen 4 runner and a bit of cash!

KYOTA

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile

If I was wheeling on a dime, I'd run propane (100 octane) with this thing as is on a stock 22r and see how it does.  It still may be too much boost, might be right on.. Not sure. 
I wonder how it would do huffin 'pane on a stock 22R, probably still have to run the underdrive. I'll see what Cary @ gotpropane thinks. this could be sweet  :cool:

dcg9381 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I wonder how it would do huffin 'pane on a stock 22R, probably still have to run the underdrive. I'll see what Cary @ gotpropane thinks. this could be sweet  :cool:

LC engineering sells the same setup for a "stock" 22R.  You just have to change a single pulley, which runs $100 last time I checked.  Premium fuel.  My guess is you could get a lot more power & boost out of propane.  This would be *the* setup to have for a crawler that's still running the 4cyl.

beavis

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
I am interrested sounds like too much fun to add boost please call me @ 530 621 0475 just ask for beavis
 :bowdown: