Author Topic: Can I clear 35's with a 3" lift and fiberglass fenders?  (Read 1135 times)

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Can I clear 35's with a 3" lift and fiberglass fenders?
« on: Mar 08, 2006, 08:26:46 PM »
I've been looking at Sky's 3 inch lift for my '85 and wonder if I have to do any triming or other mods to clear 35" tires?  I have fiberglass fenders and bowed stock bedsides.  I figure on hammering down the pinch weld on the cab and possibly moving the front axle forward with their pin relocaters. Am I on the right track?  I'm looking to build this for trail use, and the dunes - no serious rock crawling in the near future.  Anyone with some insite, please give me a clue.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

olemisstoy88

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -381
  • Male Posts: 521
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I can clear 34x9.50s on my 2wd. I have a 6.5 inch lift and glass fendars. I had to cut some wheel houses and bang some fire walls. I run 33x10.50s right now no rubing and its a 2wd. so with a 4wd and 3 inches u should be able to. I can shou you pix of my wheel openings if you wanna see how much metal i cut. If you use wider wheels you can make your tires a lil shorter, because they flatten your foot print.check your wheels backspace too, so they will clear when you turn.  On the rear you can prolly cut the rear in bed fendars off and make or weld some taller ones in. this will help u to not bottom out.
hope that helps
Brax
88. 4x2  Total chaos 6.5" caddy uniball kit  Racerunner 2.5 x 14" coilovers on front, 62" deavers, fabbed engine/shock cage, bed cage, roll cage and great frame, complete int., (5) 5x4.5 outlaw II w/235 buckshots <----- parting out! make offer

'84 4x4 . 5 speed 22r  3.5" lift  33x10.5s bfg MTs  Hannamann Glass frontcap, 32/36weber, LCE swirlie plate, Magnaflow,
"Im madder than Toby Keith at a Dixie Chicks concert"

BUDDERS [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hey Brax, have you ever heard or seen a Toy with a '89 to '95 inner bed with '84-'88 fiberglass bedsides hanging off it?  I saw one in the parking lot of Fry's the other day and it looked sweet, but I never did meet the guy to find out if it was easy to do or not.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"