Author Topic: 1985 4Runner for sale  (Read 327 times)

4Runninfun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -37
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
1985 4Runner for sale
« on: Mar 07, 2024, 10:55:57 AM »
PICS!

I have decided after owning this for almost 20 years it's time to sell. This is a 1985 Toyota 4Runner. First year they offered fuel injection and the last year for the solid straight axle. It has been significantly modified, but I didn't want a giant cut-up rig. So, I kept things subtle. I have gone everywhere with this rig. All over Colorado and Utah. I’ve even driven it all the way to Alaska and back. With a good driver it’ll run 8 rated trails.

I will go though the highlights of what I've done but this is by no means a complete list.

It has the 22-RE 4 cylinder engine. I bought the engine rebuilt from a Toyota tech 10 years ago. The engine has ~30k on it. Starts right up. LCE header and exhaust to flowmaster 50 muffler and resonator.

Original W56 5 speed transmission. No issues.

Original transfer case. 2hi 4hi 4lo all work.

2.5” OME lift.

Front axle has been regeared to 5.29 high pinion and ARB locker.

Rear axle has been regeared to 5.29 and ARB locker.

Mounted ARB single compressor.

Steering has been changed to Marlin high-steer with IFS box.

Tires are BFG KM3 255-85 r16 (33x10) and have 90% tread. I think the wheels are pro-comp but I’m not positive. They are alloy to save weight.

I made all the armor on this truck, front bumper with warn M8000 winch, rear bumper with swing out, and sliders. It's all been tested and proven stout. Could use a paint touch-up.

Few years ago I noticed some rust forming on the rear fenders. I took about an inch and a half off the entire of the fender, removing all of the lips that hold dirt and snow, and then added 1.25" tube. Nothing to hold moisture now and much stronger.

When I did the rear fenders is when I stripped and repainted the truck. The lower 2/3 is white raptor liner, the upper 1/3 is white enamel. Easy touch-ups when needed.

I think this is a good highlight of what the truck is. It’s by no means complete. However, I’m more than happy to do a detailed walk around with the buyer and point out things.

Overall condition is good. But please keep in mind that this truck is nearly 40 years old. That, combined with the modifications this does not drive like a modern truck. There are small issues here and there.

Included in the purchase price is the significant inventory of parts and spares that I have. Everything from another engine, transmission, xfer case, doors, hood, electrics, interior plastics. I have accumulated quite the assortment over the years I’ve owned this. I never expected to sell it and wanted to have everything I needed to keep it running forever.

This is an awesome truck and I REALLY hate to sell it! However, I find that it’s become a garage fixture lately and I don’t have enough time to go out and use it. And as much as I hate to sell it, I don’t want to see it sit. Asking $15k pretty firm. I don’t have to sell it. And it means way to much to me to give it away for less.

Delivery is negotiable. Located in Western Colorado
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2024, 12:15:33 PM by 4Runninfun »
1985 Toyota 4runner, 22-RE bored .050 over, Street RV head, 268 torkr cam, 2" Sus. lift, 2" body lift, 255x85 Trxus MT's, pair of 170 Lightforce, Full-length Yakima Basket. Custom Interior.