Author Topic: Marlin arms and some adapters, outputs and gears.  (Read 6833 times)

fj-rankenstein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 583
  • Member since Jan '05
  • my yard looks like toyota circa 1980
    • View Profile
Marlin arms and some adapters, outputs and gears.
« on: Mar 22, 2015, 03:37:04 PM »
I again have some great parts for sale this year..  i got these in trade along with some other new and used parts and i need to clear some space on the shelves or else the wife is gonna get mad at me for collecting too much stuff..  all prices are in US dollars...       I do paypal and will ship USPS..  it typically takes a couple of weeks or less to get parts from me...   I am in Canada..

so we will start with the good stuff..    here are some Marlin highsteer arms with the 25mm upgrade kit...      the link is here for more info...
  https://www.marlincrawler.com/steering/high-steer/25mm-steering-upgrade-kit-w-arms

I have one set and am working on trading some stuff to a buddy for a second set if someone is interested..    everything looks brand new and the arms were only used for mock up..    i bought a new set of bearings and hardware to complete the kit so its basically new...
I am asking 450 including shipping..  this is a really good price so i am not going to budge on it..

the Marlin adapter has sold!!
-next up is a 23 spline Marlin MC07 XD R10    it is brand new..  I bought this but then found i didnt have room to do a rotated case in a truck that i was building and went with a regular non rotated case... 
 It is brand new still in the box and comes with all gaskets and seals, hardware and shifter knob. 
340 including shipping..

the front and rear outputs have sold!!
and next are the Marlin outputs.    I will have pics shortly but i put the links to the Marlin website up so you can see what i am for sure selling..
-Marlin Crawler HD front chromo output upgrade kit.   here is the link on the website..   https://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/parts-upgrade/30-spline-chromoly-front-output-shaft
-Marlin Crawler HD rear chromo output upgrade kit..   here is the website link..   https://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/parts-upgrade/30-spline-chromoly-rear-output-shaft
they haven't had stock on these in quite a while and i am asking full price for mine...    the front is 249 plus shipping..    (shipping will vary per location of course..)    and the rear is 400 plus the 75 dollar core which will be 475 according to their website..    I will take 450 plus shipping..   that will save you a little off for the core that you are supposed to return plus i believe Marlin might still be paying for your spare tailshaft housing..   dont quote me but i believe they did at one point..
I would like to sell both front and rear outputs as a set if possible... plus it makes no sense in my mind why you would only replace one end and not the other if you have the tcase open anyways..   you may as well do it right..      who ever ends up buying both front and rear outputs I should be able to save a little more off of the shipping as well..

the gears have sold!!!..
-and last for now is my spare 23 spline 4.7 XD gear set...  it is brand spankin new.. it is not complete though..  i don't have the gasket set. or at least not a complete gasket set.    i was going to keep it for my spare Marlin toybox but dont really need it right now plus if i can help someone else finish their crawl box than everyone is more happy..  they are 600 dollars on the website but since it doesn't have the seal and gasket set I can sell it for 550 dollars plus shipping...   the gasket set that you need is 50 dollars on the Marlin site so that explains the 50 dollar reduction in price..  it will come with the new Marlin shifter knob..      i am waiting to hear back from a buddy to see if he wants this gear set but i haven't seen the cash so its definitely up for grabs soon..  here is the link to the Marlin website..     https://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/line-ups/single/4701-xd-gear-kit

the old Marlin adapter has sold!!
-oh yeah, i have an old Marlin dual case adapter...  its still an MC07 i think but its the older style.. its a 23 spline adapter..  i would be willing to let it go for a really great price..  i assembled a set of cases with it a few years ago and then they sat for quite a while..   it got disassembled and left on the corner of the work bench..   i ended up going with a different adapter but held onto this one..  I will have to try to wrangle everything up for it.. it should be fairly complete with all hardware included but i might not have an extra set of gaskets for it.. they go for 419 on the Marlin website but i am thinking half of that perhaps...   let me see what i can come with and i will have a better idea of a price..  i will have pics soon..       i cant seem to find where i put the hardware and coupler for this so when i do i will post a pit..   if there is no pic its not quite for sale yet.. sorry for the inconvenience...

-another used item and here i have some used trailmart 6 stud steering arms. i went with 4x4 labs stuff after these..  they were taken off my truck and cleaned up as best i can..  hardly any run time on them.. includes shims as well.. will sell for 175 shipped.

next is a new set of Rubicon express joints..  they are model RE3792..  thats a 9/16 hole and the 2 5/8 width type of  Large joint.. this is a builders joint so it gives endless options to how you want to design your 3 or 4 link suspension..    in the pic i have two joints..     i have 8 in total and dont really want to split them up...  i will take 320 including shipping for all of these..  they are all brand new and unused..

I will update this post as i have time with more stuff..
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:38:10 AM by fj-rankenstein »
the never ending build...
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=12165.0;highlight=extend-a-toy

Was searching for something and came across this old jew. BUMP to a classic thread :thumbs:

b4wheeler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 137
  • Member since Jul '03
  • Annapolis, Md GO NAVY!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Marlin arms and some adapters
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:28:53 PM »
Wanna trade the 23 spline coupler for my 21?? I will pay shipping both ways...
92 Toy XtraCab, SAS, Dual Ultimate Marlin Crawler, 5.29s, ARB/front, Detroit/rear, Bobbed Bed, 36" IROKs, BudBuilt Xmember, Longfields, AP Chromo inners
88$Runner, Daily Driver, Working on it.......

fj-rankenstein [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2015, 08:44:13 PM »
Marlin must not have them back in stock yet?   

if someone is interested in this adapter being a 21 spline and i can sell it as that than for sure..     i can keep that option open but until then I am going to keep this as a 23 spline adapter..  i will send you a pm and let you know if someone needs this to be a 21 spline and if you havent found one by then we can do the swap-a-roo..

Was searching for something and came across this old jew. BUMP to a classic thread :thumbs:

b4wheeler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:27:29 PM »
Marlin must not have them back in stock yet?   

if someone is interested in this adapter being a 21 spline and i can sell it as that than for sure..     i can keep that option open but until then I am going to keep this as a 23 spline adapter..  i will send you a pm and let you know if someone needs this to be a 21 spline and if you havent found one by then we can do the swap-a-roo..

Thanks
92 Toy XtraCab, SAS, Dual Ultimate Marlin Crawler, 5.29s, ARB/front, Detroit/rear, Bobbed Bed, 36" IROKs, BudBuilt Xmember, Longfields, AP Chromo inners

SqWADoosh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10966
  • Male Posts: 2,417
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2015, 12:22:02 PM »
Awww man you got me so excited about the adapter for about 7 seconds before I read that it was a rotated one. Damn! The steering arms are a great deal. If you are willing to split up the 25mm upgrade let me know.

81_Toy4x4

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 41
  • Member since Dec '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2015, 10:13:40 PM »
How much for just the steering arms?

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2015, 06:01:32 AM »
You could sell toy the arms and top hardware and me the 25mm upgrade and bottom hardware?

fj-rankenstein [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2015, 04:57:51 PM »
81_toy4x4...    were wanting just the arms without the pins or with the pins??    the arms have the 25mm pins pressed into them so unless you have some stock pins to replace them with I cant split up the kit.. 

if you were looking to press your stock 17mm pins into these arms than i would sell the arms just on their own...  no point quoting prices until i know for sure what you are after...

and then yes, i could sell just the 25mm upgrade kit on its own... i could be convinced to press out the pins out of my spare set of bottom bearing caps to make a complete 25mm upgrade set but i dont really want to at this point..     we will see what  81toy4x4 wants first..

81_Toy4x4

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2015, 09:22:48 PM »
I have my stock pins in my 81 Toyota 4x4 pickup, that I could press into the arms.

fj-rankenstein [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2015, 11:05:13 PM »
whats your zip code..  i am in Canada and have to figure out shipping..   you can pm me if thats better for you..    as for price, looking at the marlin store a brand new set with the stock 17mm pins is 300 dollars..  i can probably do 260 including shipping depending on where you are..    thats 40 bucks off the arms plus whatever you would be paying for shipping to where you are so that would be saving you a little bit  of cash off a brand new set of arms and make up for the fact that there are no pins..    i can have them shipped within a couple days of payment and i will insure the heck out of them in case of postal issues so we are covered..  all my stuff is sent USPS and typically it takes 7-14 days to get from the day i ship depending on how annoying the border is that day.

and as for the 25mm upgrade kit that would be complete i cant really budge too much on it..  it will be complete with all new parts and is essentially brand new..   this kit goes for 269 on Marlins site and i would need about 260 and that would include shipping..  i would need your zip code as well to get a more accurate price on shipping. all the same shipping stuff applies to your stuff as to what i said above..

typically most things i ship to the States is in that 40-55 dollar range per item.. i wish it were cheaper but it isn't..    its not deal of the century stuff here but its all new and basically i can save you a little off of the price of the product and pay for your shipping provided you aren't in Hawaii or something..     

fj-rankenstein [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2015, 11:56:42 PM »
i just updated the first post with a few more goodies..   :thumbs:   i am not going to be able to check back here till Friday late afternoon so dont go all crazy if i dont reply right away..    its tough to access the internet from my work..
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2015, 12:08:29 AM by fj-rankenstein »

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
I'm not interested in the 25mm for that price. Thanks though. I am in dire need of a marlin dual adapter though in 21 spline and b4wheeler was looking to trade you his 21 for your 23. If we could work something out I would be willing to purchase the 21 spline.

Reeses81

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 273
  • Member since Jan '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
These are backbon stock and available, similar price mins shipping of course
https://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/dual-adapters/dual-case-kit-mc07-xd

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
These are backbon stock and available, similar price mins shipping of course
https://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/dual-adapters/dual-case-kit-mc07-xd

There are no normal clocked 21 spline in stock.

fj-rankenstein [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
 just to clarify...  so what are you exactly after than Sqwadoosh?   my adapter is a clocked mc07..   (MC07 XD R10)  and its a 23 spline..  if it were a 21 spline than would you settle for the adapter then as is or are you really wanting a non clocked 21 spline adapter?     if you were wanting to buy my adapter here is what i propose.. and it will probably be easier..

ok,  SqWADoosh and  b4wheeler...     I know  b4wheeler has offered to pay for shipping both ways to and from Canada for that 23 spline adapter for a 21 spline and thats great but its expensive..     If b4wheeler is willing to ship both ways than why not make it cheaper on yourself and just ship through the States rather than going through me here in Canada...    Sqwadoosh, if indeed you want to buy this adapter from me but only if its a 21 spline than really, I think you should buy the dual case adapter and then deal with b4wheeler directly and make the 23 spline for the 21 spline coupler..  plus its going to be a lot less of a wait time..   getting things to and from the States from Canada will be 7-14 days usually and its always closer to the 14 day mark..   I know that shipping in the states will be half that time and cheaper for everyone involved..

both of you guys get back to me and then talk to each other.. i am sure we can make this work....

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
just to clarify...  so what are you exactly after than Sqwadoosh?   my adapter is a clocked mc07..   (MC07 XD R10)  and its a 23 spline..  if it were a 21 spline than would you settle for the adapter then as is or are you really wanting a non clocked 21 spline adapter?     if you were wanting to buy my adapter here is what i propose.. and it will probably be easier..

ok,  SqWADoosh and  b4wheeler...     I know  b4wheeler has offered to pay for shipping both ways to and from Canada for that 23 spline adapter for a 21 spline and thats great but its expensive..     If b4wheeler is willing to ship both ways than why not make it cheaper on yourself and just ship through the States rather than going through me here in Canada...    Sqwadoosh, if indeed you want to buy this adapter from me but only if its a 21 spline than really, I think you should buy the dual case adapter and then deal with b4wheeler directly and make the 23 spline for the 21 spline coupler..  plus its going to be a lot less of a wait time..   getting things to and from the States from Canada will be 7-14 days usually and its always closer to the 14 day mark..   I know that shipping in the states will be half that time and cheaper for everyone involved..

both of you guys get back to me and then talk to each other.. i am sure we can make this work....

Sorry I don't mean to confuse you. What I am after is a standard clocked 21 spline Marlin Crawler Dual Case Adapter. Not the 10* clocked version. I was under the impression that the second one you listed on your ad here was a standard clocked 23 spline. Hence what I was trying to do with b4wheeler.

b4wheeler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
I believe that what  fj-rankenstein has posted is that he has a standard non-clocked MC07 adapter and what he suggests is that you buy his adapter and after you receive it, we make the trade...

SqWADoosh, get with fj-rankenstein and confirm this, but I am pretty sure this is what he was saying.

fj-rankenstein [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
just the opposite.. i have the mc07 r10 which is the 10 degree clocked version which is clocked 10 degrees....... it wont work for sqwadoosh..     just so we can all get the proper terminology correct, its either a clocked or non clocked adapter..

all this talk of "standard clocked version" is hurting my head...   :disturbed:    that would make it a standard "non clocked" adapter..  if its clocked than its rotated...

who's on first????

whats on second??   any one?? anyone??    :dunno:

ok ok, lets get this thread back on track....   I got some arms and an adpater to sell...    i may have a 4.7 gear set to sell too but i have interest in that locally so i am waiting to hear back before i can procede with that one...

this guy needs to sell some stuff so he can afford some trailready beadlocks for a truck that probably wont be on the road still for another 2 years...       yikes..   ::)

81_Toy4x4

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Which t-case is your 4.7 gear set for? I will be interested if it fits my t-case.

fj-rankenstein [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
Which t-case is your 4.7 gear set for? I will be interested if it fits my t-case.

its a 23 spline 4.7 kit that is for all the early cases....     at this point though you are about 4th or 5th in line..    i am waiting on a local person first to make up his mind and then it goes to people here if it doesnt sell locally first..    i should know tomorrow or next day for sure.. i like to make sure i give everyone a fair chance before moving on to the next in line..