Author Topic: 2014 work on the Placer County side of the Rubicon trail to begin on August 25th  (Read 1610 times)

bad coco

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
I just received confirmation from the contractors performing the work on the Placer County portion of the Rubicon Trail.  They will begin work on Monday, August 25th.  The work will be performed during the week and none is planned for weekend use.   

Expect delays and please be patient as they work to help us keep our trail open!

Also, details are not finalized yet, but we will be looking for some volunteers to help clear all the brush along the access road leading to the trail from Tahoma.  Many people have expressed an interest in helping, but state they don't have a trail capable rig at the moment.  Here's you chance to jump in and make a difference!

If you have any questions, email me at firemedic (at) wildblue (dot) com.
Eric Agee KJ6IZI
Retired Chairman for TLCA's Rubithon
Volunteer/Medic for WFTWofCA

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
Thanks for posting this up Eric.

See you this weekend :)

ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW

Steve-44

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Male Posts: 189
  • Member since Feb '05
  • 511:1 club
    • View Profile
Emailed firemedic (at) wildblue (dot) com yesterday with some questions but just got a system message it has not been able to get delivered yet.  Any issues with the Wildblue servers?  I can post the questions here, they're just specific to my trip mostly so I emailed as suggested instead.

Steve-44

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Male Posts: 189
  • Member since Feb '05
  • 511:1 club
    • View Profile
Went in on the 10th from Tahoma and back out the same way the following day so I know first hand what's going on if anyone needs more info.  Not too big of a deal except for the large amount of space taken up at the staging area and the extreme amounts of dust.  I'm sure there's always a lot of dust, but I have to assume the 13'-tall, 25k# dump trucks running back and forth at 15-20mph really pulverize anything they run over.