Author Topic: can anyone tell me what this is?  (Read 1488 times)

91runnerwht

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 3
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
can anyone tell me what this is?
« on: Sep 18, 2011, 12:09:06 PM »
So after a plug wire came loose one night check engine light came on. Plugged. Wire back in and drove home.  When I got home light came back on.  Reading codes 12 43 52. There was a ground wire running from the driver side fender to the block where the dipstick bracket bolts to. This wire was burnt. I replaced the wire and code 12 went away.  Now code 43 & 52 remain. there is also a wire running from the same bolt on the block where the ground wire is , to a  little black relay looking thing.  And out of this comes a wire that disappears into the wiring harness.this little square black this is minted to the bolt the hold the coil with igniter to the fender. I in need to know what it is and if it was ruined when that wire was burnt.  could this haveis anything tolike do withyou code 43? Sorry if this confusing at all I am a newbie to forms
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2011, 12:22:23 PM by 91runnerwht »

twistedtoy92

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
Re: can anyone tell me what this is?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2011, 02:11:40 PM »
Possibly... 43 is the starter signal code which could be a short in the starter circuit, ignition switch or main relay circuit, or a bad ecu.
52 is a knock sensor signal code which could be a short in the harness, bad knock sensor or bad ecu.

what engine do you have and how is the engine running? unusual noises or anything out of the ordinary?
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)

91runnerwht [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2011, 02:25:26 PM »
 My engine is the 3vze and it usually runs like a champ.  I have an intake and exhaust so it breaths well. When the problem started I had that plug wire wire fall off.  After this I found the ground wire from the block to the fenderwell . There is also that condenser that is connected to the same bolt on the block.  The other side of the condenser disappears into the wiring harness.  Dose anyone know what that condenser is for ? And can it cause code 43? I think code 52 is going off because it is running ruff due to code 43. Once vehicle is started I Have no check engine light.  After I start driving or engine is under load such as reving. Light will come on. Starts to run really bad. Seems like it can't get fule ratio and spark together. Thats what leads me to think that condenser could be to something in the computer system. Could that burnt wire have affected the condenser
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2011, 03:04:12 PM by 91runnerwht »

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2011, 03:31:29 PM »
Is the truck runninng fine now?
Do the codes come back after clearing them?

This '93 Toyota FSM will help you troubleshoot.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

91runnerwht [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2011, 03:48:43 PM »
Every time I turn the car off it goes away when I turn it back on it isn't there runs ok. When it comes under load it start to show check engine 43 & 52 . Starts to run like crap. Feel like missing and loading up. It's a computer problem.  Need to find out if this little black electrical condenser is in line with the computer at all?  Dose anyone know what little black condenser next to coil is and what it dose?

Bobby Hunter

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 53
  • Male Posts: 206
  • Member since Sep '09
  • Bobby Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2011, 12:13:57 PM »
the knock sensor code cause the engine to run poor that part of the issue, reset the codes and see if they come back
Tech head for 2nd gen Runners