Author Topic: Ford Really is a Rebuilt Dodge  (Read 3089 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Ford Really is a Rebuilt Dodge
« on: Apr 17, 2011, 01:58:49 PM »
F-O-R-D

F'd Over Rebuilt Dodge has been one of the taglines given to a Ford over the years using the letters of the Ford name, I just noticed a subliminal message in Dodge's 800 number that proves Ford truely is just a rebuilt Dodge. If you haven't seen the number it is pretty funny the way they blended the two together....

1800FORDODGE  :burnout:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Re: Ford Really is a Rebuilt Dodge
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2011, 02:06:07 PM »
wow  :yikes:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »
Ok...but what is ODGE?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2011, 02:38:03 PM »
Or...for the Glenn Beck fans, it could be 1800 FOR DOD/GE sounds like a little cronyism to me!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

4RunnerChevy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 1,426
  • Member since Sep '08
  • Santa Cruz Mountains
    • View Profile
    • Santa Cruz Wheelers
« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2011, 02:42:06 PM »
I am not much of a FORD guy, but in the early days before DODGE vehicles, there was Dodge who made gearboxes.  Ford, Cadillac (before GM), and everything motorized used Dodge gearboxes.

You can say that Henry would have never produced his famous assembly line if it wasn't for Dodge.  Ford may have never gotten off the ground.

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2011, 02:46:19 PM »
Ok...but what is ODGE?

A town in the Ukraine. :gap:

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2011, 02:47:09 PM »
Or...for the Glenn Beck fans, it could be 1800 FOR DOD/GE sounds like a little cronyism to me!

...good one!

yoshaleng

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 134
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2011, 12:54:20 AM »
F-O-R-D

F'd Over Rebuilt Dodge has been one of the taglines given to a Ford over the years using the letters of the Ford name, I just noticed a subliminal message in Dodge's 800 number that proves Ford truely is just a rebuilt Dodge. If you haven't seen the number it is pretty funny the way they blended the two together....

1800FORDODGE  :burnout:

:roflsign:

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 306
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »
I can not even count how many fords I have pulled out with my dodge.  I actually pulled out a couple chevys as well.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 26, 2011, 09:44:36 PM »
  I actually pulled out a couple chevys as well.

You make it sound like an oddity!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »
I wouldn't own the new gen Dod...'scuse me, Ram truck. I wouldn't mind having almost any of the 5.9 trucks. But...I'd take the motor and put it in a Ford.

I'd french kiss horses butts for a livin' before I'd own a GM product. Maybe an old Camaro...nevermind.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2011, 10:45:25 PM »
I'd french kiss horses butts for a livin' before I'd own a GM product.
Hey now..... I'll assume you are referring to newer GM products, in which case I agree.  :gap:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2011, 07:24:01 AM »
Nice truck there Stocker.  That looks pretty cool.I agree with you Stocker on the newer GM vehicles.  The new trucks just look too sissy like.  They don't look tough like the older ones, like yours.  I also agree partially with abnormaltoy.  I like the 5.9L 360 motors, which is what I have, but wouldn't waste a penny on a ford.  Though my uncle has had nothing but fords, he has spent a lot of money on them as well.  I have had great luck with my truck, and it is a work horse.  I have cousins with the older chevy trucks, 2 and 4 wheel drive, and they are amazing, but the ones who have the newer ones, man...you can't lean on them, the fenders pop in.  I mean that goes for all new cars, but they just don't look as tough anymore.  Really, all new cars in a sense.  That is of course only my opinion.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 27, 2011, 07:28:44 AM »
Hey now..... I'll assume you are referring to newer GM products, in which case I agree.  :gap:

If push came to shove...I'd take a ride in an older truck, like yours. Nothing newer than the Celebrity!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2011, 07:59:38 AM »

I'd french kiss horses butts for a livin' before I'd own a GM product. Maybe an old Camaro...nevermind.

Pick any year you want from the 50's till new and the GM trucks have a higher resale value than Ford and especially Dodge.  I live in a big Chrysler City (at least I did) because we had two Chrysler plants here and one of them built Dodge trucks but they are still crap.  

I'd put my 2002 Chevy Duramax up against any Ford or Dodge diesel truck in the cost per mile category that would include repair and maintenance.   I put 200,000 miles on it in 8 years and only replaced rear brakes, alternator, batteries, right front unit bearing, and driveshaft u-joints twice.  
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 27, 2011, 10:05:51 AM »
Pick any year you want from the 50's till new and the GM trucks have a higher resale value than Ford and especially Dodge.  I live in a big Chrysler City (at least I did) because we had two Chrysler plants here and one of them built Dodge trucks but they are still crap.  

I'd put my 2002 Chevy Duramax up against any Ford or Dodge diesel truck in the cost per mile category that would include repair and maintenance.   I put 200,000 miles on it in 8 years and only replaced rear brakes, alternator, batteries, right front unit bearing, and driveshaft u-joints twice.  

Swell!
Some guys like short girls, some like 'em hefty. Even pre-bailout, but especially after, I didn't like GM vehicles. I've never had a lick of trouble with any Ford product I've owned.  :dunno: I guess that's why there's more than one manufacturer

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

79yota4x

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 127
  • Member since Feb '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 27, 2011, 10:16:48 AM »
F O R D F'in-Old-Retarted-Dog
Get oN iT anD Stay on iT
79 pickup doved, locked, half cage, boggers
88 ext pickup linked with fox airs up front, 39.5 iroks,Beadlocks, 5.29s, 4.7s, chromolys, 6shooters, hp arb,  spool and 56 chevys in the rear

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2011, 09:26:45 PM »
Duramax = Isuzu

I've always thought about getting an Isuzu/GM cabover and making a tow vehicle out of it. Talk about a mileage wonder. We have a few of them running around and we never have to put fuel in them. Kinda like that pink bunny... they just keep going and going.

laskt9

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Apr 29, 2011, 07:26:41 AM »
ill just put this here...

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 30, 2011, 04:26:34 PM »
Older GM trucks are bad.  The new ones are weak looking.  I don't like the new Dodge Ram styles either, and now Ford and everyone has to copy.  I know my truck is not built for the rocks, but in mud and snow, so far, never got pulled out yet, so I am pretty happy about my truck, especially being stock.
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2011, 04:52:37 PM by HULK »